Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pucky...Monthly rants

Go down 
+21
Kodiak
Dr. Don
Wheels
ford
ABCZ
DubAllStar
suckallotofdick
SLEDED
JBoud
iCivic
TheDirtyFresh
alan_morton
hocus_focus
ITINT
KoryGTI
Sweetland
SMG
coady-admin
Boost_Junkie
ubergeek
Munky
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
SMG
Admin
SMG

Pucky...Monthly rants - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pucky...Monthly rants   Pucky...Monthly rants - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Hahaha, awesome. Nice to see a Pucky rant finally. Laughing

Dunno man, there were definitely some characters around this year. Lots and lots of sketch, way more than ever. I never felt the need to lock my car before at meets as much as I did this year, especially when leaving. The scene definitely is stronger than it used to be but it's changed a lot. There's not as much maturity or respect at the meets as there used to be. I walked over to my car one meet in particular and some guys were having a wrestling match literally inches from it. I never found any marks but it still made me realize that our cars aren't safe or respected by the younger crowd. Some don't know what it feels like to work so hard for something. Otherwise the meets were really good this year, lots of new and old faces out most Tuesday nights. I think the show next year will be really good, and maybe it'll change minds when it comes to Y-Town's streets being a rolling junkyard.

Here's my rant: All you boys who are storing their cars this year. Why are they still out? There's salt down for fuck sakes, parking them in heated storage covered in salt is one of the worst things you can do to a car. At this point just keep them in your driveways to enjoy on sunny days when the roads are clear. There's almost no point to store them now, the damage has been done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: Pucky...Monthly rants   Pucky...Monthly rants - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:10 pm

SMG wrote:

Dunno man, there were definitely some characters around this year. Lots and lots of sketch, way more than ever. I never felt the need to lock my car before at meets as much as I did this year, especially when leaving. The scene definitely is stronger than it used to be but it's changed a lot. There's not as much maturity or respect at the meets as there used to be. I walked over to my car one meet in particular and some guys were having a wrestling match literally inches from it. I never found any marks but it still made me realize that our cars aren't safe or respected by the younger crowd. Some don't know what it feels like to work so hard for something. Otherwise the meets were really good this year, lots of new and old faces out most Tuesday nights. I think the show next year will be really good, and maybe it'll change minds when it comes to Y-Town's streets being a rolling junkyard.

You hit the nail on there head here dude... the youngins have kinda taken over the meets and in general have brought a bad name to the group. With Pucky not going to the meets, RJ moving away and You being in the city, i just wasn't feeling the meets anymore and sat out most of the Fall meets

SMG wrote:
Here's my rant: All you boys who are storing their cars this year. Why are they still out? There's salt down for fuck sakes, parking them in heated storage covered in salt is one of the worst things you can do to a car. At this point just keep them in your driveways to enjoy on sunny days when the roads are clear. There's almost no point to store them now, the damage has been done

I sorta fall into this crowd... its all a matter of having time to get your car ready to be put away, having a kid takes up alot of your time and since i only get to see him a couple of hours a day during the week, i try to spend as much time as possible with him ..also i don't have a jack and i have a limited selection of tools at my disposal... I'm finally giving in and having the wheels swapped at Octane on Friday and its getting a full detail and wax from top to bottom and then going away
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Pucky...Monthly rants   Pucky...Monthly rants - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Yeah that wasn't really aimed at you man, your car has seen winter before it's no biggie. I was surprised to see Hector's car at Octane yesterday though. He takes such good care of that thing and it's never seen salt before. He worries about every tiny little thing and I just found it crazy that he still has it out, dumped with the summer wheels on.

I'm not just talking about a few cars here though. I saw some muscle cars out a little over a week ago, covered in salt. It's just a shame to have cars survive in mint condition for such a long time and then have clueless owners trying to squeeze one last drive in.

You should definitely sneak "floor jack" on Ben's letter to Santa though . Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pucky...Monthly rants   Pucky...Monthly rants - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pucky...Monthly rants
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8