Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pics i took at the last show i went to

Go down 
+10
sidock
DubAllStar
Driftnami
Boost_Junkie
coady-admin
ubergeek
SMG
TheDirtyFresh
blu.thunda
hocus_focus
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DubAllStar

pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:12 pm

blu.thunda wrote:
SuPRCHRGD wrote:
IronHide wrote:
Driftnami wrote:
I dont see many people around dropping $20,000+ into there car in 3 months around here

*raises hand*

Purchase price doesn't count. Wink

or police fines

Haven't gotten any fines in the new ride... nor have i included purchase price.... if you wanna talk that...... hehe well i won't make you little boys cringe affraid
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
well if 20 grand went into body-work alone.....then buddy got ripped off....sorry to say. Think about it, avg price for a decent Accent is about $8grand.

Try 17K + Tax for a new one....
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:19 pm

SuPRCHRGD wrote:
onepointeight wrote:
im just going to say it. That accent is fucking ugly. like...disgusting... im sorry but... anyone with taste... should know.. like yeah im sure the guy put alot of money and its what he wants.. but .. wow.. that 20,000$ or whatever he spent could have went somewheres nicer IMO

I just can't imagine putting that kind of money into an Accent. At the end of the day it's still an Accent. I'm glad he got what he wanted though.

I cant imagine dropping money into a Bug either...
Whats the difference??

Im not trying to start a fight, just make a point.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:57 pm

This guy didn't put money into a new accent... he put it into a 10 year old Accent, which you'd be lucky to get $4k for... and as for the bug comments.... come on guys, yes it's a bug, but it's a VW... high quality vehicle, HIGH resale value, don't even try to bring it down to the level of an accent Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:00 pm

more like highly priced basic vehicle,and highly valued parts, and also not worth keeping once warranty is up
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:04 pm

You're misguided in your assesment of the new Beetle.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:10 pm

i meant vw's in general but thats my personal opinion thast why i will never get one
but on that mark how much is a basic passat per say and then how much is a basic camary in that category
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:18 am

-hotdog wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
well if 20 grand went into body-work alone.....then buddy got ripped off....sorry to say. Think about it, avg price for a decent Accent is about $8grand.

Try 17K + Tax for a new one....
i highly doubt buddy done up a new one... scratch
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:44 am

Make all the bug comments you want, it's a car that the owner pays for himself and mods himself. If dude had supercharged his accent I'd have more respect for it.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:49 am

SQLABS wrote:
more like highly priced basic vehicle,and highly valued parts, and also not worth keeping once warranty is up

I think this is a really major misconception. It's costs me way more to keep my Tercel on the road than my Dub, and it's not even because it's an old car. I'm still shocked at the cost of the parts for Toyotas every time something breaks. You'd be surprised how reasonable most MK4 parts are in comparison, and aren't a complete pain in the ass to install.

I know my car is 'just' a Bug, but it's sitting on the MK4 Golf/Jetta platform and they are tough, high-quality vehicles. I would never put the amount of bodywork into my car that the owner put into his Accent. I'd rather buy a newer, faster car than throw assloads of money into bodywork that I'd never come close to getting back out.

Plus, most mods I've done so far have been performance-oriented, rather than having a stock car with (apparently) $20G's of bodywork into it and fake rear disc brakes.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 am

pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Flame
Back to top Go down
Driftnami

Driftnami

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:22 am

The guy with the accent has $7000 into body work

What I was trying to get across is that there are very few people around in the yarmouth area that has spent much of anything on there car aside from a fart can and window tint.

I do realize that there are VW's around with performance mods that werent cheap which is cool I'm all for performance. However if you arent into performance and just like show you shouldnt be made fun of because of it. Come on guys we are all people that like modding cars just because one person likes performance and another likes making there car look good shouldnt make a difference both should be commended on there different styles of modifying and it certainly doesnt make one car better than another.

Be happy with what you have done to your car and encourage others to follow. This makes the scene a great place to be and encourages more people to get into the hobby which is good for everyone. You make new friends experience better meets, get new insights on modifying cars and grows the hobby.

Thats just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
http://www.driftnamiperformance.com
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:02 am

Megatron wrote:
Make all the bug comments you want, it's a car that the owner pays for himself and mods himself. If dude had supercharged his accent I'd have more respect for it.
Not a stab at the bug at all, just used it as an example.

Who cares where the money is spent. Right now, if i had the money, id make my car look nicer before i did any performance upgrades, just for the sheer fact that i have no intent to race or anything. Why hate on someone for them making there car look good (whether it be in their eyes only or not), they're spending their money where they want too...
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:15 am

-hotdog wrote:
Megatron wrote:
Not a stab at the bug at all, just used it as an example.

Who cares where the money is spent. Right now, if i had the money, id make my car look nicer before i did any performance upgrades, just for the sheer fact that i have no intent to race or anything. Why hate on someone for them making there car look good (whether it be in their eyes only or not), they're spending their money where they want too...

Wait hang on just a minute.

What car don't you need to get a car before you can start modding it :!: Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:31 am

thats why i said if i had money snitches
Back to top Go down
blu.thunda
Admin
blu.thunda

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 am

Megatron wrote:

Putting a Thiberon engine in an accent is probably going to have the same effect as supercharging and accent engine
don't you think?
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:28 am

Probably not, since well.... it'll still be slow Sleep

I guess the work would be respectable if it had some sort of flow or style to it.... most after market body kits or styling queues are designed to enhance what was already provided by the manufacturer, unfortunately this car does none of that. There's nothing attractive about the random styling of it. Nothing flows, and the fact that it's fabbed out of METAL means not only is it ugly, but it's making an already slow car much, much slower.

Fast and ugly is acceptable
Slow and pretty is acceptable
Fast and stock is acceptable
Slow and stock is tolerable
Slow and Ugly... why bother?

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 pm

I'd have to read up on that, props to him if we see that car this summer with a new powerplant. What do tibby engines make stock? I'll have to checkthis guy out next summer if he's around.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Driftnami wrote:

I do realize that there are VW's around with performance mods that werent cheap which is cool I'm all for performance. However if you arent into performance and just like show you shouldnt be made fun of because of it. Come on guys we are all people that like modding cars just because one person likes performance and another likes making there car look good shouldnt make a difference both should be commended on there different styles of modifying and it certainly doesnt make one car better than another.

i agree with that 100%
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:28 pm

onepointeight wrote:
im just going to say it. That accent is fucking ugly. like...disgusting... im sorry but... anyone with taste... should know.. like yeah im sure the guy put alot of money and its what he wants.. but .. wow.. that 20,000$ or whatever he spent could have went somewheres nicer IMO

umm u really are a nazi just cuz u dont like it doesnt mean that that "anyone" with taste thinks its ugly when you do a widebody on your car tehn we can all tell u it looks like shit he may have 20000$ into it kool but you obviously have no idea how many HOURS he has into it
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:20 am

alexward wrote:
onepointeight wrote:

umm u really are a nazi just cuz u dont like it doesnt mean that that "anyone" with taste thinks its ugly when you do a widebody on your car tehn we can all tell u it looks like shit he may have 20000$ into it kool but you obviously have no idea how many HOURS he has into it

Who gives a shit how many hours are into it.

My old car i had like months of hours tied up in that Doesn't mean it looked any better. Or ment anything more to whoever looked at it.

Personally i don't mind the car but i wouldnt buy it for myself.

I like a clear looking car.
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:08 am

yeah if i had a dollar for every hour i have into my pos i could buy a vw or sumthing useful j/k lol and it still looks meh
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:06 am

alexward wrote:
yeah if i had a dollar for every hour i have into my pos i could buy a vw or sumthing useful j/k lol and it still looks meh

Your opinion is immediately disregarded on anything remotely associated with anything on wheels.
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:10 am

Megatron wrote:
alexward wrote:

Your opinion is immediately disregarded on anything remotely associated with anything on wheels.

i laughed so hard when i read that
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 1:54 am

haha u would think he would of relized with all these "hours" he put into it he'd figure out that its a turd of a wagon and got soemthing better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pics i took at the last show i went to   pics i took at the last show i went to - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pics i took at the last show i went to
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next