Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2nd Project: VRT

Go down 
+15
SLEDED
KoryGTI
suckallotofdick
ford
coady-admin
SMG
TheDirtyFresh
ubergeek
Boost_Junkie
DubAllStar
alan_morton
iCivic
jamie.3030
Munky
Sweetland
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sweetland

The 2nd Project: VRT Empty
PostSubject: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Heres a list of stuff that has been done and stuff that is going to get done.

Completed...
-Stubby Antenna
-Remove Rear Window Tint
-FK Smoked Long Bumper Fogs

To get completed...
-B&M Short Shifter
-Kinetic's Stage 1 Turbo Kit

Stay Tuned!

Last edited by Sweetland on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Well over the weekend/week I have put the GTi front end back on and my stubby antenna came in so I put that on. Today I ordered FK smoked long fogs thanks to COMotorsports. Heres a picture of the GTi front end back on while she is sleeping away. More pictures to come with parts.
The 2nd Project: VRT 10-12-10
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:51 pm

bout fuckin time u put it back on
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:58 pm

thhhhannnkkkk you
Back to top Go down
alan_morton

alan_morton

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:13 am

see mark no body around liked that front end ... looks mint now tho can`t wait till shes back out and done
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 am

alan_morton wrote:
see mark no body around liked that front end

ooo we made sure he knew that lol
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:39 am

Fuck you guys... the Jetta front end was waaaaaaay bettAR
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:13 am

not even a little bit better than the Golf front....
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:14 am

Barricade wrote:
R u on drugs? im not saying it was ugly, but the GTi front is way cleaner/meaner
Back to top Go down
alan_morton

alan_morton

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:41 am

iCiviC wrote:
alan_morton wrote:
see mark no body around liked that front end

ooo we made sure he knew that lol

i told him everyday i seen the car lmao
Back to top Go down
alan_morton

alan_morton

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

the jetta front wasn`t overly bad if it was on a jetta but the golf front just sets that car off if it had the boser hood ... you don`t see that often because they don`t make them for his car i don`t believe and if they do let mark know this
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:39 pm

alan_morton wrote:
the jetta front wasn`t overly bad if it was on a jetta but the golf front just sets that car off if it had the boser hood ... you don`t see that often because they don`t make them for his car i don`t believe and if they do let mark know this

They dont sell the whole hood they just sell the weld or fiberglass on piece to make it a boser hood.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Boost_Junkie wrote:
Barricade wrote:
R u on drugs? im not saying it was ugly, but the GTi front is way cleaner/meaner

I think thats what hes saying.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Barricade wrote:

are you just somewhat reatrded...? lolol
i think you should go buy one of them hats from CT you had on the other day, wear it strait time and drool a lot lolol

the car looks sooooo much more amazing with the golf front end. not even comparable to the jetta one.
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:26 pm

iCiviC wrote:
Barricade wrote:

are you just somewhat reatrded...? lolol
i think you should go buy one of them hats from CT you had on the other day, wear it strait time and drool a lot lolol

the car looks sooooo much more amazing with the golf front end. not even comparable to the jetta one.

Expect your car to have an "accident" with a shopping car.... and by "accident" i mean welded to the fucking hood
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 pm

it's not just the front bumper that looks better, it's those dual chamber headlights....which are even more rare then boser hood extensions. Scuba's old smoked e-codes were nice, but a far cry from dual chambers. RJ pulled off the Jetta front way better because he ran stock headlights. IMO, that's a key component to making it work right....as far as looks.....and my old Corrado BBS looked stellar on that ride too

rj's old hwip for reference.......

The 2nd Project: VRT Hpim0054ky5
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Yeah I liked that old car, the black hood and grill/stock headlights look good on it.
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:58 am

Nostalgia, it was fun just gutless. Although getting it stuck in a drive through carwash and Garret having to com out and take the whole thing apart was pretty hilarious

The 2nd Project: VRT Turfedch1
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:38 pm

I bet Georgie wishes those were still on the Rado banghead
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:45 pm

The Jetta front worked really, really well on RJ's car but on Mark's it just somehow didn't...

Glad to see the car looking right again. I can't wait to see it in the spring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:39 am

Ubergeek wrote:
I bet Georgie wishes those were still on the Rado banghead

Did Dusty manage to sell the 30 or so of them that he had?? that toolbag.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Oh UPS Twisted Evil ...these came here at 7:45 this morning and pretty happy about it. Yes I know they are the stock MK3 GTi VR wheels but these are gonna be rotated along with a set of Long Beaches. For the days I want it slammed I'll put these on and for the days I want to be straight ballin on goes the Long Beaches. Laughing Still got to get some tires for these but they will come and will look way better then the Konigs on it now.
The 2nd Project: VRT 16-12-10
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:29 am

i predict you will do that once... and the longbeaches will never come off the car. Which is the proper thing to do anyways.

Besides, if the tires are approximately the same exterior dimensions, it won't affect your ability to lower the car. Going to be sharp, best of luck!
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:53 pm

I'd run GTI wheels on a MK3.5 Cabrio...slammed to the nuts, not so much on a VR or Golf, it's just too plain IMO. But if that's all you're shooting for enough said.

on a side note, there's something to be said about running wheels on the previous generations that makes me giddy.....ie, Huffs on a MK4....LB's on a MK3....RS's on a MK2......and anything 13"-14" on a MK1. Running wheels with the same generation car just gives it that stock kind of feeling. But that's just me...since, yes I am a wheels whore (5 different sets for the MK5 geek )....and I like wheels. I agree with Kyle, once you get those LB's on....you might forget about the GTi wheels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Project: VRT   The 2nd Project: VRT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2nd Project: VRT
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next