Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sub Box

Go down 
+5
alexward
iCivic
hocus_focus
DubAllStar
sidock
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:11 am

PhotoShark wrote:
the equalizer is probably the heart of the complete system though and when looking at getting one dont get the din units get the trunk mounted ones they are much better such as pheonix gold or audio control or soundstream. then from there you want a linedriver from the deck to the eq and on top of that crossovers and or processors somtimes they are built in but not all the time

You gotta tell Andrew this..not I...but im sure he'll read this then ask some questions.
Im not droppin any money into this soundsystem...that way there's arguments about what stuff is whos when it comes out...it all just goes back into another car.
Back to top Go down
Damion

Sub Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:54 pm

sidock wrote:
so, skytech blows, they talked up the box that they made for my sub. How it was basically king shit, but they made one TINY flaw... IT'S TOO DAMN SMALL FOR THE SUB...i got a 12" diamond tdx, and it pounds but i can't turn the sub up when my music is loud because my voice coils hit the bottom of the sub box. I know for a fact that this is no kind of good for my sub...anyone know how to make a good sub box, if so message me... I am willing to pay a nominal fee which can later be negotiated.

Before you start throwing stuff around, you should do some homework. Have you thought to check the Diamond site???? Chances are the box design you have is on there. Why would they put something in a box that wouldnt work how it should??? let a lond a top end sub. Those boxes are a 7th order bandpass by design and aernt known for playing low bass, again a little research would have shown you this.

Im sure the boys ay Sky Tec will be glad to hear about this one...........jesus kids these days.
Back to top Go down
Damion

Sub Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:04 am

Just to clairify a few things here:

1) Using a bigger remote wire isint going to give you squat, the rem wire draws about 500ma ( thats a half amp for ppl that dont know ) Using a 12ga remote is wasted money. The ony prob you MAY run into is too many things running off the remote wire which would draw more than the 2a rating on the deck, in which case a relay should be used. The rem wire has no current draw as far as powering the amp, its merly a " switch " to turn the amp on.

2) When Sidock was talking about the sub hitting, he was refering to the sub bottoming out. where the voice coil hits the backing plate on the sub. its not hitting the box, just working past its limits.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:03 am

Damion wrote:

1) Using a bigger remote wire isint going to give you squat, the rem wire draws about 500ma ( thats a half amp for ppl that dont know ) Using a 12ga remote is wasted money. The ony prob you MAY run into is too many things running off the remote wire which would draw more than the 2a rating on the deck, in which case a relay should be used. The rem wire has no current draw as far as powering the amp, its merly a " switch " to turn the amp on.

2) When Sidock was talking about the sub hitting, he was refering to the sub bottoming out. where the voice coil hits the backing plate on the sub. its not hitting the box, just working past its limits.

Ok,
Read the rest of the thread before you fly off the handle (referring to your post before this, not this one.
LEAVE DEAD THREADS DEAD.
The problem has been solved etc.

At least if your gonna bring back a dead thread, read the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Damion

Sub Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:19 am

-hotdog wrote:
Damion wrote:

Ok,
Read the rest of the thread before you fly off the handle (referring to your post before this, not this one.
LEAVE DEAD THREADS DEAD.

The whole thread was read. I wasnt flying off the handle, just erkes me that ppl cant research a few things before puting the belame down.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Damion wrote:
-hotdog wrote:
Damion wrote:

Ok,
LEAVE DEAD THREADS DEAD.

The whole thread was read. I wasnt flying off the handle, just erkes me that ppl cant research a few things before puting the belame down.

He was pissed off and made a wrong accusation. People on forums are good at doing this. Someone already pointed out that he was wrong in his accusation.

Thread Locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sub Box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sub Box
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: