Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sub Box

Go down 
+5
alexward
iCivic
hocus_focus
DubAllStar
sidock
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sidock

sidock

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:12 pm

so, skytech blows, they talked up the box that they made for my sub. How it was basically king shit, but they made one TINY flaw... IT'S TOO DAMN SMALL FOR THE SUB...i got a 12" diamond tdx, and it pounds but i can't turn the sub up when my music is loud because my voice coils hit the bottom of the sub box. I know for a fact that this is no kind of good for my sub...anyone know how to make a good sub box, if so message me... I am willing to pay a nominal fee which can later be negotiated.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:13 pm

why don't uou take it back and let dana fix the problem then? I'm sure it's an honest mistake and they are known for standing behind their work.

Give 'em a chance to rectify the problem before you start throwin' jabs on the interweb
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:35 pm

why didnt you get the specs from the diamond site and get e&j to cut the pieces and then you make the box its cheaper in the long run. but yeah bring it back to skytek and let them fix the problem since you bought it there they will help you as much as possible
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:17 am

IronHide wrote:
why don't uou take it back and let dana fix the problem then? I'm sure it's an honest mistake and they are known for standing behind their work.

Give 'em a chance to rectify the problem before you start throwin' jabs on the interweb

Hes right dick lock. You shoulda called me and asked first.
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:52 am

-hotdog wrote:
IronHide wrote:

Hes right dick lock. You shoulda called me and asked first.

i talked to u about it when u were home, and one time when u called me but u were hammed
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:05 am

no i meant about the box...
I didnt ever think to change the size of the box. Ask Dana about it....
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:40 pm

hotdog your an idiot
but anyways umm how are your VC's hitting the box that doesnt make sense at all since the VC's are inside the sub and shouldnt be anywhere near the box unless you mean the cone which would simply mean the hole for the sub isnt cut big enough grab the jig saw and zip zip. im not tryin to prove you wrong but how can your VC's hit the box. dont forget that you are overpowering that sub as well. umm i have a box for a single 12 in my room i could bring it in to town some time and you can try it i kno its big enough for the sub since it had my type x in it but hey w/e let me kno what you find out
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:22 pm

alexward wrote:
hotdog your an idiot
but anyways umm how are your VC's hitting the box that doesnt make sense at all since the VC's are inside the sub and shouldnt be anywhere near the box unless you mean the cone which would simply mean the hole for the sub isnt cut big enough grab the jig saw and zip zip. im not tryin to prove you wrong but how can your VC's hit the box. dont forget that you are overpowering that sub as well. umm i have a box for a single 12 in my room i could bring it in to town some time and you can try it i kno its big enough for the sub since it had my type x in it but hey w/e let me kno what you find out

in which case i was told by someone who knows, in my opinion, quite a bit about sound systems, thats all u can smell in my car too, its bad, and i dont want to wreck it...

and chris i told u about the box, thats what i meant when i put that post about when u were home and when u were drunk, u just didnt clue in i guess
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:33 am

I dont think anything is actually hitting your box thought...If im not mistaken, isn't eventhing other than the face of the sub, solid? I know the Magnet doesnt move and everything in between the magnet and the face of the sub is somewhat enclosed if not fully enclosed by what holds the magnet to the face of the sub....
Leave it until i get home Dude and ill turn the amp back down maybe? Theres a good chance thats what it is. (im home after we get back from skiing, if you can go until i get home w/o running the system super loud.)
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:03 am

what i said that night sidock was that to turn the gains down on the amp because the vc were being hit with:1 too much power ;2 or getting hit with dirty power meaning alot of distortion creating a bad smell from the vc's. the sub specs of that tdx are that the subsonic filter should be at 34Hz and if your amp has no subsonic filter well then look at getting a new amp cause the problem may be that the amp can run that sub.(also note that the subwoofer is spl high class series and not like a typical subwoofer). one of these days when you see me anywheres we can try my amp(d5 600 watt mono) and see if it does the same thing

http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/archive/TDX/TDX_Sub_Manual.pdf
http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/archive/TDX/TDX_Diagram.pdf
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:20 am

PhotoShark wrote:
what i said that night sidock was that to turn the gains down on the amp because the vc were being hit with:1 too much power ;2 or getting hit with dirty power meaning alot of distortion creating a bad smell from the vc's. the sub specs of that tdx are that the subsonic filter should be at 34Hz and if your amp has no subsonic filter well then look at getting a new amp cause the problem may be that the amp can run that sub.(also note that the subwoofer is spl high class series and not like a typical subwoofer). one of these days when you see me anywheres we can try my amp(d5 600 watt mono) and see if it does the same thing

http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/archive/TDX/TDX_Sub_Manual.pdf
http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/archive/TDX/TDX_Diagram.pdf

There we go.
Like i said dude, i fucked with the settings on the Amp.
So do what photoshark said and turn the Gain down on it.
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:22 am

see im not a complete idiot and photoshark he has last years alpine mrp 800rms at 2 ohm i dont think it is dirty power simply to much which i find odd cuz i ran 1700rms to my ten and only once did it make a weird noise that sub was only rated at 500rms i think the tdx 12 is 600?? correct me if im wrong but yeah it simply sounds like youve gotten all you can from the tdx it is pretty loud hotdog tryed to show it off the other day it sounded decent. i got my 170amp alternator today gonna put it in when i change my rear control arm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:39 am

tdx = 800 watts rms *thumbs up*, but it does pound, and when i have a bit of free time i will def. goto skytech and check it out, if turning down the gain dont work
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:59 pm

type x = 1000rms 3000peak see mine really is bigger than yours lol

yeah i didnt know they were 800rms umm do you know how many ohms the sub is wired for??? my diamond was wired for 1 ohm which was loud but strained everything so i wired it for 2 ohm you may want to check that if it is wired for 1 ohm then your amp is making more power there fore overpowering it... and umm how did you break the RCAs off in th amp???j/w
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:32 pm

even though he has that amp dirty power comes from not having enogh amprage or not having a proper ground also having the settings on the amp could have the same effect having youre frequency too high could result in the same problem he was having also. the same with if he had noise issues in the rca or if theres a ground issue on the amp rca connections or on the decks rca
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:38 pm

another thing could be that the wires from each voice coil is in the wrong place + to + and - to - or +(vc1) to -(vc2) and vice versa
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:31 am

all the suggestions are a big help guys, im going to try turning my gain down tomorrow since i just gothome today, and if that doesnt work ill head to skytech to see if they know whats going on
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:33 am

alexward wrote:
type x = 1000rms 3000peak see mine really is bigger than yours lol

yeah i didnt know they were 800rms umm do you know how many ohms the sub is wired for??? my diamond was wired for 1 ohm which was loud but strained everything so i wired it for 2 ohm you may want to check that if it is wired for 1 ohm then your amp is making more power there fore overpowering it... and umm how did you break the RCAs off in th amp???j/w
its wired for 2 ohm im pretty sure, and we moved the sub on it's side to see if that would make a difference in the sound (which it didnt seem to do a WHOLE lot), and it just got nudged around enough that the rca wires, facing the ground, snapped off
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 am

ok kool i was just wondering thats all. in a hatchback you will prolly want the subs facing the rear door i mean its different in every car but typicaly a hatchback you want the sub facing the rear door. i found the closer to the door the better but thats just my car.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 am

alexward wrote:
ok kool i was just wondering thats all. in a hatchback you will prolly want the subs facing the rear door i mean its different in every car but typicaly a hatchback you want the sub facing the rear door. i found the closer to the door the better but thats just my car.

Its not possible to do though w/o losing a seat and with the amount of wire we have. The box is too big to face the rear. It's facing a side wall right now.
And Dude, it made a difference.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Sub Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub Box   Sub Box Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm

by the way what gauge wire are you using for
1)power
2)ground
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic