Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new ride SOON :)

Go down 
+7
alexward
DubAllStar
SMG
Driftnami
Sweetland
coady-admin
hocus_focus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
iCivic
iCivic

new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:52 pm

PhotoShark wrote:
i could finance it for an extra 40 bucks a month lol
where would that put you?
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:50 pm

roughly 288 taxes in a month
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:28 pm

You'd be incredibly stupid to lease over a difference of $40 dollars...
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 5:10 pm

IronHide wrote:

LOL! So true. I wouldn't lease a car if my life depended on it. My old man leased 2 Jeep Liberties in a row over 4 years and guess what he has to show for it? Dick all. He could have owned the first one and still be driving it today if he'd bought it out rather than trading up or financed it from the start.

The only time a car payment is a good investment is if you're on your last few payments like I am. My car is worth a lot more to sell than I owe on it and the depreciation of the car has slowed down considerably. Every payment I make now is money in the bank should I choose to sell it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:42 pm

SuPRCHRGD wrote:
IronHide wrote:

LOL! So true. I wouldn't lease a car if my life depended on it. My old man leased 2 Jeep Liberties in a row over 4 years and guess what he has to show for it? Dick all. He could have owned the first one and still be driving it today if he'd bought it out rather than trading up or financed it from the start.

The only time a car payment is a good investment is if you're on your last few payments like I am. My car is worth a lot more to sell than I owe on it and the depreciation of the car has slowed down considerably. Every payment I make now is money in the bank should I choose to sell it.
true dat homie....it also makes getting the next car that much easier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:17 pm

all i can say the rates that i have now may be lower by the time i want to get it anyways the 08's are still in stock which raises the apr rates for the 09's so im waiting till mid may that way most of the 08's will be sold then the rates of the 08' will be moved over to the 09's
if that makes any sense lol
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:52 am

Good luck with that... rates won't drop on 09's until well into... '09! It's a brand new, pre-release model, they'll be sucking all of the high interest payments out of it they can for a good long time, interest rates drop when demand for a product slows.... you won't see that for a good long time.

I know it seems like everyone is shitting on our plan, but really, it's a plan worthy of shitting on.... leasing sucks unless you're a business, or really have that much money to waste.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 3:06 pm

IronHide wrote:
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:05 pm

at my financial situation its the best i can do for a new car shit all over me if you want but its my decision and like i said my financial state is very strict and thats the way it is from working at sobeys. plus at the end of the 5 years if i dont like to lease ill have credit to finance a new car by then
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Sorry dude, poor financial health is no reason to make poor financial decisions. If you can't afford to buy a new car, don't buy a new car. Don't lease and put yourself in the hole just so you can say you have a new car.... ou can probably get something a couple of years old, with warranty remaining, that's nicely equipped, and not lose your shirt on a lease. When it's paid off, you own it.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:34 pm

IronHide wrote:
Sorry dude, poor financial health is no reason to make poor financial decisions. If you can't afford to buy a new car, don't buy a new car. Don't lease and put yourself in the hole just so you can say you have a new car.... ou can probably get something a couple of years old, with warranty remaining, that's nicely equipped, and not lose your shirt on a lease. When it's paid off, you own it.
We could of saved a butt load of arguing and what not if this was said 3 pages ago lol..
Take this man's advise.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:12 am

PhotoShark wrote:
at my financial situation its the best i can do for a new car shit all over me if you want but its my decision and like i said my financial state is very strict and thats the way it is from working at sobeys. plus at the end of the 5 years if i dont like to lease ill have credit to finance a new car by then

If a difference of $40 a month between leasing and financing is a huge deal then you can't really afford a new car.

I priced out a new MKV GTI last month, talked to my insurance and I could afford the payments and extra insurance but I decided to keep my old car and enjoy modding it and actually have money to play with.

Trust me, you feel WAY more successful driving an older car with a wallet full of 20's than you do selling shit to make your payment when times get tough.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:01 pm

so to make myself happy and everyone else happy im gonna finance a 09 matrix base model at 294/month for 72 months with a 3000 downpayment cheers
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 am

Call the Toyota dealers in the city and try to see if they'll beat Tusket Toyota's price, and then go back to Tusket Toyota with the price you got from the dealer in the city and see if Tusket will beat THEIR price. Very Happy

I made the mistake of not negotiating for a better price as hard as I should have. I was young and too anxious to have my own car.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 pm

ya but im too lazy and thats the internet prices cant get any better then that plus some of the rates prolly will change for better or the worse dont care gonna risk it all for 6 years cant bring money with you when you croke so better spend it before you do lol
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm

PhotoShark wrote:
ya but im too lazy and thats the internet prices cant get any better then that plus some of the rates prolly will change for better or the worse dont care gonna risk it all for 6 years cant bring money with you when you croke so better spend it before you do lol

You're too lazy to save money? That doesnt even make sense.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:51 pm

294 is the price on thieir site you cant get better thats the set price the dealers go up from there
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:52 pm

PhotoShark wrote:
294 is the price on thieir site you cant get better thats the set price the dealers go up from there

Im sure you can work them down.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:02 pm

kk if you sell something at a set price why would you sell it for cheaper?
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Do yourself a favour and research car buying techniques before you let them trick you into an unnecessarily high car payment.

http://www.edmunds.com/
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 am

HELLO they are the states prices vary accross the border and its at 17,000 im getting it for 17,335 taxes in
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:00 am

PhotoShark wrote:

Untrue.... what you see online is the MSRP.... manufacturers suggested retail price.

Dealers can go up or down with their prices depending on how bad they want to make the sale.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:27 am

IronHide wrote:
PhotoShark wrote:

Untrue.... what you see online is the MSRP.... manufacturers suggested retail price.

Dealers can go up or down with their prices depending on how bad they want to make the sale.
Ding Ding Ding
We Have a winner.

He's right...thats what i wanted to say....but was drunk and couldnt think.
Once again, IronHide is the clear winner.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Look dude, these guys arent shitting ya. My dad has been selling cars and dealing with cars since I've been 6, and the online prices dont mean shit compared to what some dealers will let you have the car for.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:38 pm

as i said the price on edmunds is american and is 17k and the price i have is 17,338 the canadian equalivent
still thats pretty good for what im getting anyways no complaints there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new ride SOON :)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3