Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new ride SOON :)

Go down 
+7
alexward
DubAllStar
SMG
Driftnami
Sweetland
coady-admin
hocus_focus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:29 pm

yes and no but the payments are good and then i f i want to buy the car afterwards its not much then if i want to sell after its bought ill still get my moneys worth for it cause its a toyota(corolla's sell better then any other toyota cause the name is good)
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:09 pm

If the qualtiy is as good as the older ones you will have no trouble and wont regret it as far as maintnence concerns.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:25 pm

PhotoShark wrote:
yes and no but the payments are good and then i f i want to buy the car afterwards its not much then if i want to sell after its bought ill still get my moneys worth for it cause its a toyota(corolla's sell better then any other toyota cause the name is good)
That's a general misconception.....because after a 5 year lease, you might still have to take out another loan to buy it out. What is the "Buy-out" price????? Unless you have $10,000 sitting around when the lease is up, guess what you would end up owing up to 8 years of payments (5 for the lease, 3 for the buy=out) when all is said and done. And after 8 years you might be lucky to sell it for $3000. Just because it's a Toyota doesn't guarantee a high re-sale value. Do the math...cars are not an investment....houses/property is
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 pm

buyout price is 4100
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:07 pm

what is the actual selling price of a 09 Corolla??
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:06 am

leasing is not the way to go, its just as bad as renting a house. if your gonna pay for something atleast have something to show at the end, paying 5 years on a lease then having no car isnt my thing. if i pay 5 years i want to own it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:14 am

14,565 msrp
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am

Ok. Were gonna do some math.

245$/Month x 60 months = $14 700 + $4 100 to buy out car = 18800.....
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 am

-hotdog wrote:

good job dude...however, we forgot to calculate the taxes on that price scratch

and for $14,565msrp...that sounds like a base model. No way a Corolla Sport or CE is $14565....Sport is usually $19995msrp

and 5-8 years from now....what will be your resale value on that base model???
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:05 am

actually its 248.00 taxes levies and delivery included and thats with a 2500dollar down payment
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:43 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
-hotdog wrote:

good job dude...however, we forgot to calculate the taxes on that price scratch

I thought about that, then i remember running around with my buddy when he was lookin for a car and the dealers always gave him his payments with the taxes and fees or w/e in.

NOW,
with a 2500$ down payment, you just upped your total cost to $21 300.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 pm

yeah, basically you're getting ass raped, because you still, after all those calculations have to add taxes and fees on to your buyout price.... ur fucked.

Do you actually have the car yet... or are we doing all this calculation based on a pipe dream that you might get one...
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 pm

IronHide wrote:
yeah, basically you're getting ass raped, because you still, after all those calculations have to add taxes and fees on to your buyout price.... ur fucked.

Do you actually have the car yet... or are we doing all this calculation based on a pipe dream that you might get one...
No we dont have to add the taxes and fees. Dealers generally give you the prices with the taxes included. Either way though, Ass rapeage is definitely in the future.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Your buyout price won't include taxes and or fees, because there's no way to predict what the taxes/fees will be in 5 years time.... not to mention if you have to refinance it at that time.... your buyout price should not include tax.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 pm

IronHide wrote:
Your buyout price won't include taxes and or fees, because there's no way to predict what the taxes/fees will be in 5 years time.... not to mention if you have to refinance it at that time.... your buyout price should not include tax.
i agree.....been there many times for the wife's vehicles
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:31 pm

IronHide wrote:
so add another 500$ top to the price.
Back to top Go down
blu.thunda
Admin
blu.thunda

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:03 am

or subtract if the tax rate goes down again
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:46 am

-hotdog wrote:
IronHide wrote:
so add another 500$ top to the price.
don't forget interest rates if he refinances. Worst thing is you pay interest on the taxes. So that $4100 buyout is more. It's only $4100 on the spot....granted if you have saved $4100 after 5years. If he refinances the $4100 at oh 5%, that $4100 is now higher.....or whatever depending on interest rates and what PRIME RATE is at that point in time. Could get costly down the road. My question still stands. Would it be worth it after 5-8 years??

Last edited by Optimus Prime on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:50 am

blu.thunda wrote:
not sure what you mean here??

car dealershits are in it to make money....not lose it. You see those low interest rate cars are usually those lot sitters taking up space. Only way to clear the lot is to give the customer a low rate as a lure. Bait and hook
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:16 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
blu.thunda wrote:
not sure what you mean here??

car dealershits are in it to make money....not lose it. You see those low interest rate cars are usually those lot sitters taking up space. Only way to clear the lot is to give the customer a low rate as a lure. Bait and hook

all i have ot say is, your getting hooked in. Too bad no good.
lets get durnker.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:58 am

but at my financial situation thats the best i can get and thats my decision and you can say what you want but its an import and the resale value on those cars are not bad so even if i do decide to buy it at the end i can still make some form of money on it.also im establishing my on credit line without having to risk someones name with mine. so in other words my ass is on the line if i dont make the payments and not my parents.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:47 am

stop thinking that you'll "make" money in the end... if you're buying a car new.... it's simply NOT even a little bit likely that you'll ever recoup any of that money. Between interest and depreciation, you'll ALWAYS be behind on a car purchase. It's almost always a losing investment, and unfortunately a Corolla doesn't fall outside of that losing category, regardless of what the resale value might be in 5 years, which btw won't matter because you'll either have to buy the car or return it to the dealership, you can't sell it.

But congrats on trying to be independent, it's a good feeling to buy a new car all by yourself. Just don't get disillusioned and think that it's profitable investment.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Buddy of mine leased a civic 2 years ago. he has 1000 km's left. to last him to march. and all he does is drive around town and a few trips to the valley for golf. his buy out is 15000 or certAin amount per km over or something.. hes still going to get fucked directly in the ass.. i wouldnt lease if my life depended on it. i would rather frive a 5000 car then a 20000 leased vehicle.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:12 pm

i remembered my parents leased a car and we went over our mileage heavy...like a lot....they payed for it for a long time after.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 pm

i could finance it for an extra 40 bucks a month lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new ride SOON :)   new ride SOON :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new ride SOON :)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next