Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)

Go down 
+9
Sweetland
SLEDED
alexward
DubAllStar
alan_morton
coady-admin
SMG
iCivic
98talon
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sidock

sidock

NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:30 pm

alexward wrote:
This law makes me want to slam the bug even more Twisted Evil

way to be a rebel douchebag
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:24 am

sidock wrote:
alexward wrote:
This law makes me want to slam the bug even more Twisted Evil

way to be a rebel douchebag

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! i actually lol'd when he said this.
Back to top Go down
Wheels

Wheels

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:40 pm

well im doing a course this week on MVI and preventative maintance in school and we had the inspector for our area come in and talk to us today about it and he said that yes there is only the one guy who is an engineer and can approve a vehical being lifed or lowered but at this point good luck gettin him to even look at your car....by sounds of things they are taking this pretty serious.
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:56 pm

we might as well all by scotters
Back to top Go down
98talon

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:13 pm

lets build some rat rods dont need to be inspected if 30 years or older and its not your daily driver
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 pm

another reason to buy a classic beetle. cheers
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:11 am

Wheels wrote:
one guy who is an engineer and can approve a vehical being lifed or lowered but at this point good luck gettin him to even look at your car....by sounds of things they are taking this pretty serious.

see the problem with this is, it's like he's playing God.
If theres only one guy that can look at vehicals and hes refusing to look at anything smaller than the 3/4 tonne truck then we're fucked.

We'll see what he says when we the time comes for all this to take place.
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:33 pm

the scoop that i heard at work,since the boss has his inspection lisence is that all aftermarket suspensions are legal if the have been certified.u also need the receipt were it came from and the box it came in.mostly just tryin to get these cars off the rd that have cut springs.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:53 am

Finally someone who understands how to read.... congrats to your boss lol
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:29 pm

i figured everything bein said before was b.s,so i figured i'd find out the truth.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:08 pm

SLEDED wrote:
that all aftermarket suspensions are legal if the have been certified.

whos doin that? or like DOT?
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:24 pm

hopefully they crack down on drop-in HID kits
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:55 pm

certified by the companie that sells them.nothin wrong with hid's,lol.your just jealous lol!
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 pm

SLEDED wrote:
certified by the companie that sells them.nothin wrong with hid's,lol.your just jealous lol!

besides the fact that the are not designed to work in a reflector housing for halogen bulbs... hid's need a focused beam or theey blind the fuck out of everyone banghead . and how the hell do you figure i'm jealous.. i have oem hid's in my mk5 scratch
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 pm

i figured that would get ya goin that's why i put it. study
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:55 pm

UPDATE: (Taken from HERE)

Spinney wrote:
I just went to get my 08 civic inspected yesterday, and had a great talk to the mechanic who has been working with the province with a bunch of other mechanics to make the new MVI rules better understood as most were just piled together with out a proper defination. Anyway, yes at first there was a NO lowered or raised body law put into affect. but in the past week or two they have re-worked what it means. you can have your car lowered or raised if you use a proper engineered kit. Engineered is mostly for raised suspensions where you are actually replacing alot of key components. where as our lowered cars can be done with a set of springs. What the rule is against is any stock suspension or kit that has been altered to lower or raise your vehicle. so that means no hockey pucks or cut coils. cars can be lowered to the old rule with the height of your headlights.

also just to pass it out there the DOT are also having a tough go with the new rules as they are mostly taught the new rules through memo's and some training. I have a friend that drives a mobile unit for them and I ask him everything. I find that each DOT has there own set of rules. I have to run a log book for my job and each one has there own thing that they like to see you do that another DOT would be against.
They are great and understanding guys to deal with and biggest thing is to be nice to these guys. they dont like being spoken to ignorantly or to be argued with, and when that happens they will hold you there till they do find something to nail you with. like one DOT said before if you really want to be a dick the rules state that ll vehicles must be in the same state s the day they were new in the lot. which a car 1 year old would have a bunch of faults really.

But yeah as far as I know they government has changed the No lowered or raised law to allowing it if you bought a approved kit.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:38 pm

You can all thank me later bounce
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:11 pm

DubAllStar wrote:

?????
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:19 pm

SLEDED wrote:
DubAllStar wrote:

?????

The fact that he was pointing this out the whole time but no one would listen to him. Thanks Kyle. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Sweetland wrote:
SLEDED wrote:
DubAllStar wrote:

?????

The fact that he was pointing this out the whole time but no one would listen to him. Thanks Kyle. Laughing

ah i understand.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Devon Hynes wrote:
92CivicSi wrote:
The government fell today in a Confidence Vote, anyone think that will have any affect on this?

I doubt for the better;

NSJC Message Board wrote:

NDP Caucus article

http://www.ndpcaucus.ns.ca/news.asp?ID=4194

Kent Calls On Minister To Clarify MVI Confusion
April 29, 2009

Eastern Passage – NDP Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations Critic, Becky Kent, is calling on the Minister of Service Nova Scotia, Richard Hurlburt, to clarify for Nova Scotians whether or not the MVI inspection manual has been changed.
“I have been hearing from concerned Nova Scotians and members of organizations like the Nova Scotia Jeep Club who are concerned suspension lift systems being installed by licenced mechanics are no longer acceptable without being inspected and registered with an engineer,” says Kent. “Department of Transportation inspectors are even being told to remove these vehicles from the roads and possibly impose fines effective June 1.

“Some Nova Scotians use their vehicles to transport health care workers to their jobs during stormy conditions, members of the Severe Weather Assistance Team with the Nova Scotia Jeep Club are very concerned,” says Kent. “Is cracking down on these drivers the MacDonald government's way of thanking them for their services?

“The fact of the matter is that the inspection manual has not changed nor has any legislation been changed which makes this situation very concerning and perplexing to Nova Scotians,” adds Kent.

Kent has a letter from the Registrar of Motor Vehicles that states no inspection manual changes have been made. This week, the Minister is quoted in the media saying he is going to look into these changes.

“What changes could the Minister be referring to? The registrar is quite clear that none have been made,” says Kent. “Does the Minister not know what is happening in his own department?

“The Minister must tell Nova Scotians if the MVI inspection rules have actually changed. If they have, he needs to provide the information explaining these changes,” adds Kent. “It is also incumbent on the Minister to properly deal with this issue, and first consult with impacted organizations and Nova Scotia motorists.”

http://nsjc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=25301&page=36

Been following the thread on the NSJC site, and where it got as far as being brought up in front in the House of Assembly, its going to be pushed to the back burners now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2