Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)

Go down 
+9
Sweetland
SLEDED
alexward
DubAllStar
alan_morton
coady-admin
SMG
iCivic
98talon
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
98talon

NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Empty
PostSubject: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:36 am

madgreen wrote:
raised or lowered.
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/

i was wondering how long it would take for this to happen.
NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Truck003

c0ntract_thrilla wrote:
Talked with several people who attended the meeting last night in Kentville.

The wheel business was bull shit, your wheels just have to fit under your fenders (no poke) as it always has stated. They asked regarding the OEM sizes and tires, and they said as long as the tires are not significantly past the fenders its all good. (time to fender roll Very Happy )

The ride height is supposed to be factory, but coilovers are supposedly allowed as long as its at a factory height. I was talking to my mechanic and he told me he asked specifically regarding suspension components. All they said was, NO DROPS, NO RAISE but you can run non OEM shocks/struts/springs. So it is set in stone, a garage can't pass your MVI legally if you are lowered/raised.

Also I asked and the RIU's seem to have a lot of power, (impound, pull your sticker and hand out fines), they are (mostly) in pickup trucks so watch out for them lol. Another thing, they can pull you over, not just set up road blocks. I saw one of them this morning on my way into work, on Highway #1 in south Berwick. He was just parked on the side of the road by a big steel building in the farming community. Not sure what he was doing, maby just grabbing a nap on the clock Very Happy (finger crossed). So if you see anyone in a large Tan pickup with orange lights on the top... try and avoid drawing attention to yourself Laughing Shocked
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:51 am

i was in the process of making this same thread.

shiiiat.

this is ghey.

Richard Hurlburt to blame too. Asshole.

If anyone cares:

Yarmouth
Honourable Richard Hurlburt 424-5550 424-0581 SNSMRMIN@gov.ns.ca
Department of Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations
14th Floor, Maritime Centre
P.O. Box 216
1505 Barrington Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3J 2M4

Yarmouth
Honourable Richard Hurlburt (PC) 742-8120 or 742-8486 742-8157
Lovitt Plaza, 368 Main Street
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia rhurlburt@ns.aliantzinc.ca
B5A 1E9

Anyone have any trouble yet?
Back to top Go down
98talon

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:55 am

so as long as you have coilover and raise it to ride hjeight for inspection your good
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 am

98talon wrote:
so as long as you have coilover and raise it to ride hjeight for inspection your good

yep,
but what about the road side checks.

These guys cruise around like cops. You can't do it on the spot.
Back to top Go down
98talon

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:58 am

air bags for the win lol
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Whatever I'll just pay my tickets as I get them. Fucking Richard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 pm

SMG wrote:
Whatever I'll just pay my tickets as I get them. Fucking Richard.

that will make your insurance nuts
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Would an inspection fine really effect insurance though?
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:42 pm

SMG wrote:
Would an inspection fine really effect insurance though?

i yhink all automotive infractions do
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
alan_morton

alan_morton

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:01 pm

this has to be one of the stupidest laws they coulda came up with .... i could understand not inspecting the people with like cut springs but to do this to the people that buy the proper spring or coils is just dumb
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 pm

you guys are all retarded..... it's pretty plain english id unno why everyone reads so far into it.... it says raised or lowered vehicles have to be "closely inspected" for structural integrity.... use quality components and you'll be fine. If it negatively impacts the stability and steering of you're vehicle... you'll be fucked. Keep it reasonable and you will be fine. They are just trying to keep the idiots that are so jacked they are rolling over in the blink of an eye, and who are so low they can't steer effectively enough toa void collisions off the road. As long as it's a legit drop/raise, you will be ok.
Back to top Go down
98talon

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 pm

it cannot effec steering and it has to stock ride height and the guy who takes a "close" look at it is from nb and i thinks its like 200 for him just to come look at it
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:00 pm

DubAllStar wrote:
you guys are all retarded..... it's pretty plain english id unno why everyone reads so far into it.... it says raised or lowered vehicles have to be "closely inspected" for structural integrity.... use quality components and you'll be fine. If it negatively impacts the stability and steering of you're vehicle... you'll be fucked. Keep it reasonable and you will be fine. They are just trying to keep the idiots that are so jacked they are rolling over in the blink of an eye, and who are so low they can't steer effectively enough toa void collisions off the road. As long as it's a legit drop/raise, you will be ok.

we're not reading too far into it at all.
the guys doing the inspections (the roadside check guys) have dont there training and the verdict is, NO raised or lowered suspension.

Sure its still possible to get a MVI as long as it's safe, but the guys on the road will
fine/tow/impound/pull MVI sticker/Flag VIN etc if your car doesnt have stock suspension. bottom line. if thats what theyt're being told theres nothin we can do.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:22 pm

But it still sounds like we have the option of getting the car certified. I'd pay to have the guy come certify my car if I had a suspension "doctor's note" to show inspectors when they pulled me over.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:24 pm

SMG wrote:
But it still sounds like we have the option of getting the car certified. I'd pay to have the guy come certify my car if I had a suspension "doctor's note" to show inspectors when they pulled me over.

we just have to find out if this guy is real or not. lol

cars with rebuilt titles are ok though lol
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:31 pm

iCiviC wrote:

Sure its still possible to get a MVI as long as it's safe, but the guys on the road will
fine/tow/impound/pull MVI sticker/Flag VIN etc if your car doesnt have stock suspension. bottom line. if thats what theyt're being told theres nothin we can do.

O i sure do love having a beetle now. No MVI for them to take and torsion bars in the rear for slammin. But i can certainly see this law becoming gay very quick.

I think all MV infractions affect your insurance except parking tickets Thumb Down

I kno my parking ticket didn't affect mine.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:49 pm

alexward wrote:
iCiviC wrote:

But i can certainly see this law becoming gay very quick.

they dont necessarily have to take your MVI. They have the power to Impound your car as well.

either way, i can see this law being around for the summer...maybe...i honestly dont think it will last...
Back to top Go down
SLEDED

SLEDED

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 pm

this is fuckin retarded Screwy
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:22 pm

SLEDED wrote:
this is fuckin retarded Screwy
agreed.

Theres a guy organizing a petition.

EVERYONE EMAIL HIM.
rideheight@yahoo.ca

You need at least 2 of the Following + Your Name:

Name:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:

Edit: fixed wrong email address.

Last edited by SMG on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed wrong email address.)
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:42 pm

This law makes me want to slam the bug even more Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:30 pm

*Note* any information sent to rideheight@yahoo.ca will not be used for any purposes other than to count as a vote against the new MVI rules so outlined on this page. Any vote to be counted must contain at least 2 of the following pieces of information, in addition to full name.

Full Name:
Full Mailing address:
Phone number:
Email address:
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:24 am

I can see the day coming when you will not be able to do a thing to your car and every single part on the car has to be OEM. These laws are ridiculously stupid.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:56 am

it's funny that they haven't restricted engine mods yet.... scratch ????

i mean, reckless excessive speed kills. But why is it that we can modify our cars to go even faster. I mean faster then the posted speed limit....and faster then the car's limitations. scratch

fuckin' Dick Hurlburt....who the fuck here voted him in....er wait...

I agree with Kyle tho... it's about restrictions on modifications that prohibit vehicle's performance in operating in a proper and safe manner....not just simple tuning.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:04 am

iCiviC wrote:
DubAllStar wrote:

we're not reading too far into it at all.
the guys doing the inspections (the roadside check guys) have dont there training and the verdict is, NO raised or lowered suspension.

Maybe ya just don't know how to read at all... it says in the clipping, vehicles with modified ride height will be subject to closer inspection...... there is no ban on rideheight, people are just being excitable fanboys about it...... i can go buy factory lowering springs for my car, and they are actually manufactured by eibach.... so why would i be able to put any other "engineer approved" suspension on my car.... i'm pretty sure koni has engineers... so does H & R.... and of course eibach.... they all work with the manufacturers when making these products. This is all being blown waaayyyyy out of proportion because people aren't reading, or just aren't smart enough to understand what is being said, and yes that includes these supposed inspectors. If you half ass your car, and aren't using safe components, yes you may run into trouble..... use quality shit, and be smart about it, you will be fine. The inspectors go by the exact same guidelines as your MVI inspector at the shop, one doesn't have more authority then the other.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:14 am

I agree with you about one not having more power than the other, BUT that doesn't seem to be the case. The "inspectors", in their course they're taking, are being told that only stock ride height will be allowed. Your allowed the coilovers etc as long as your ride sits at stock height. As of right now, that's the clearest thing I have read on what's goin on.

I also agree with the aftermarket manufacturers engineering things that are made specificly for your car, should be legal as long as it's DOT approved and safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)   NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NO MORE LOWERED OR RAISED VECHICALS (May 3rd Update)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next