Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter projects,

Go down 
+10
alan_morton
ford
Munky
DubAllStar
Boost_Junkie
Sweetland
iCivic
hocus_focus
ubergeek
coady-admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
iCivic
iCivic

Winter projects, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:16 am

bigger snail plz Mr. SMG
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 2:52 am

Bigger isn't always better. I'm trying to build a responsive car that's fun to drive around town.

Anyway, it's a T3/T4 50 trim so it's a good sized turbo for the street.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:05 am

SMG wrote:
Bigger isn't always better. I'm trying to build a responsive car that's fun to drive around town.

Anyway, it's a T3/T4 50 trim so it's a good sized turbo for the street.

its a true story. and even so thats still a decent size turbo. whats your HP goals?
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:08 am

Shooting for 250whp to start. Other people running the same kit are making 250whp+ on a stock bottom end so I'll have a bit of an edge with forged internals.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:51 pm

SMG wrote:
Shooting for 250whp to start. Other people running the same kit are making 250whp+ on a stock bottom end so I'll have a bit of an edge with forged internals.

cool cool. car should move along..whats the weight..do you know?
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 pm

of course he knows......

why isn't your turbo inlet pipe made of silicone too? What kind of material is that? It reminds me of CAI tubing (EVOMS). And what type/brand DV/BOV is that..? And what injectors did you go with? That stuff looks purrrdy. Who's doing the install and when bro? If only you had done it last year instead of MSN'ing me about the supercharger and telling me that you Bought-It-Now on Ebay....lol. Grats dude for sure....I'm so glad you stepped it up.....AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:50 am

That pipe is the air intake and it's just attached to the turbo with a silicone coupler. The fueling is a C2 chip and 42# Bosch greentop injectors.

Anyway, I talked to Dan today and he's doing the install in March. We're pulling the motor and I'm getting the block built at Armstrongs in the valley.

I have no regrets picking up the SC though. I paid under $2000 by the time the car was on the road in April 06, so I had 2 fun years with that setup. This project is costing me a lot of coin though so I couldn't have even considered doing this 2 years ago. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:57 am

SMG wrote:
...I paid under $2000 by the time the car was on the road in April 06, so I had 2 fun years with that setup. This project is costing me a lot of coin though so I couldn't have even considered doing this 2 years ago. Wink

Shocked You only paid that much for the SC! Wow I wish I could come across a deal like that for the VR because turboing right now I really cant afford. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter projects,   Winter projects, - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter projects,
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3