Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

winter storage

Go down 
+6
coady-admin
DubAllStar
Munky
Boost_Junkie
Sweetland
hocus_focus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

how many of you store there cars and reason why
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:16 pm

This year I am and for the very simple reason of salt/snow/rust.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Im not cause im in project mode called "don't give a fuck anymore" ............... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:59 pm

I don't because its a VW
if i was driving a porsche... different story
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Sweetland wrote:
yes but we also live close to the sea so year round we have salty air which causes rust
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Quattro.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 pm

i wish i had my old 86 chev nova(toyota corolla) that thing was fun in the snowwinter storage Jan_1610that was my first car bought it for 75 bucks and drove it for 3 yrs then sold it for 200 bucks lol. my cousin had purchased it from a local down home for 25 bucks and he used it in a feild for 2 two days but his father didnt want it on his land so i bought it lol
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:03 pm

im storing mine because my turbo is about 8 inchs from the ground and i dont want salt geting sucked into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
Sweetland

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:20 pm

PhotoShark wrote:
Sweetland wrote:
yes but we also live close to the sea so year round we have salty air which causes rust

Yeah but why have it come up in your wheel wells/stick to your floor and body panels for the 4 months of salting. Yes I realize the salt in the air but it is very, very fine and not in chunks ALL over our roads like road salt. I have seen what 4 months of salt can do to an older cars floor, it doesnt take much and in my mind WAY worth the time and money to store your prized possession.
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:41 pm

truck cheers
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:08 am

Sweetland wrote:
PhotoShark wrote:
Sweetland wrote:

Yeah but why have it come up in your wheel wells/stick to your floor and body panels for the 4 months of salting. Yes I realize the salt in the air but it is very, very fine and not in chunks ALL over our roads like road salt. I have seen what 4 months of salt can do to an older cars floor, it doesnt take much and in my mind WAY worth the time and money to store your prized possession.
just tell him you drive a MKIII it's prone to holes in the floor, it's the fatal design flaw for VW's MKIII era....he'll understand.....err, wait I take that back...lol
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:19 am

PhotoShark wrote:
i wish i had my old 86 chev nova(toyota corolla) that thing was fun in the snowwinter storage Jan_1610that was my first car bought it for 75 bucks and drove it for 3 yrs then sold it for 200 bucks lol. my cousin had purchased it from a local down home for 25 bucks and he used it in a feild for 2 two days but his father didnt want it on his land so i bought it lol

why would u need a winter beater for your winter beater?
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 am

no that was my first car in 2001 the focus is now my third car
sorry that was my all year beater lol
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:40 am

Silky Johnson wrote:

why would u need a winter beater for your winter beater?

ha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

winter storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter storage   winter storage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

winter storage
Page 1 of 1