Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boost add ons

Go down 
+7
Boost_Junkie
TheDirtyFresh
ubergeek
jamie.3030
iCivic
Munky
El Carto
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
El Carto

El Carto

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:25 pm

okay heres what im wondering,

i know on boosted engines you have your turbo, attached to the turbo is the wastegate, am i right soo far? then there is the blow off vaulve/diverter vaulve, is there any diffrence between the two or is there just diffrent names? i was told that one diverts the excess air when the car is not bosting/ (vac) into the exaust and the other diverts it into the atmosphere? therfore makeing that loud woooooosh sound when the engnes stops boosting ie. letting off the gas or shifting? i havent had alot of intrest in it until now, becasue i see blow off's for around 100 bucks, and if it adds to the soun of the engine i would be intrested

thanks for the help guys

ps. the avatar is to piss of chris lol
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Bucknasty wrote:
okay heres what im wondering,

i know on boosted engines you have your turbo, attached to the turbo is the wastegate, am i right soo far? then there is the blow off vaulve/diverter vaulve, is there any diffrence between the two or is there just diffrent names? i was told that one diverts the excess air when the car is not bosting/ (vac) into the exaust and the other diverts it into the atmosphere? therfore makeing that loud woooooosh sound when the engnes stops boosting ie. letting off the gas or shifting? i havent had alot of intrest in it until now, becasue i see blow off's for around 100 bucks, and if it adds to the soun of the engine i would be intrested

thanks for the help guys

ps. the avatar is to piss of chris lol

diverter valve re-route boost into the intake track of the turbo when the throttle body closes. these are used mostly on factory turbo-charged cars which use a MAF sensor such as a 1.8t

blow-off valves releases boost into the atmosphere when the throttle body closes, this is a bad setup on a MAF based system since it would be releasing air that has already been measured by the MAF essentially causing the ECU to believe there is a huge boost leak and causing the car to run rich

A Wastegate deals with the exhaust side of the turbo, they are set to open at a preset boost level in order to prevent the turbo from over spooling and building dangerous boost levels. when a wastegate opens, the exhaust gases by pass the turbine. there are 2 types of wastegates found in turbo charged applications, internal and external. An internal wastegate is build right into the exhaust housing of the turbo similar to what we see on our stock turbos. An external wastegate is mounted the exhaust manifold and either routes exhaust gases back into the exhaust after the turbo or vents the exhaust to the atmosphere

study
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Barricade wrote:

study
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:28 pm

so what the hell is it that makes that dam sound lol
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:40 pm

power? lol
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Bucknasty wrote:
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=260301&product=FMDVSPLTR

what bout this?

what would you rather have, a proper running car, or one that makes a cool sound?
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 am

trick question lmao, you can realy her it in RJ's car, what he got?
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:48 am

Bucknasty wrote:
trick question lmao, you can realy her it in RJ's car, what he got?
turbo.
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:49 am

diverter valve and a cold air intake
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 pm

stock diverter or aftermarket?
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Bucknasty wrote:
now why would you ask this Q?? You should damn full-well know that stock cars=ghey....how many stock cars do you hear go whooooshttttttttttttttttttt!! scratch
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:49 pm

stock... psshhhh c'man now.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:55 pm

NS07GTI wrote:
Bucknasty wrote:
now why would you ask this Q?? You should damn full-well know that stock cars=ghey....how many stock cars do you hear go whooooshttttttttttttttttttt!! scratch

hahhahahaahhaa
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:42 pm

NS07GTI wrote:
Bucknasty wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 am

but with an aftermarket intake? you never know lol
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:36 am

they know lol
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:58 am

no i mean with other aftermarket engine mods mabey its possible to make a wooosh sound besides a diverter vaulve, excusssssse my ignorance
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:22 am

Bucknasty wrote:
no i mean with other aftermarket engine mods mabey its possible to make a wooosh sound besides a diverter vaulve, excusssssse my ignorance

why dont you just build the engine right and get the "swwoooooosh" sound with worrying how it got there.... bounce
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:19 am

just get a turbo , everyones doing it 🐷
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:00 am

Big Comfy wrote:

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
iCivic
iCivic

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:50 pm

SMG wrote:
Big Comfy wrote:

Cool

hows yours commin?
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:02 pm

Car is back from paint just in time for winter storage. Turbo install in the spring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
ubergeek

ubergeek

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm

SMG wrote:
Car is back from paint just in time for winter storage. Turbo install in the spring.

car is looking dope man....nice and clean
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:31 pm

NS07GTI wrote:
SMG wrote:

car is looking dope man....nice and clean

pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
Sponsored content

Boost add ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost add ons   Boost add ons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boost add ons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next