Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think? speed limits

Go down 
+2
iCivic
coady-admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

What do you think? speed limits Empty
PostSubject: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:17 pm

Okay so i was on another forum and they were talkin about how people speed and get killed, someone brough up that in a way its car manufactures fault because they make cars capable of going over speedlimits. Say cars all would cut out at 120 km? If your not allowed to go 200 (well unless were in germany) why make the car capable of doing so. What do you tihnk?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:04 pm

i think its a valid point to some extent. What about race cars? There would be no more racing. ummm..thats about all i have to say right now...
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Well to me its all about getting to the speed limit as fast as I can not about the top speed even though it is nice.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:40 pm

-hotdog wrote:
i think its a valid point to some extent. What about race cars? There would be no more racing. ummm..thats about all i have to say right now...

I dont think that would be a big issue, theres always ways around stuff
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:33 pm

coady-admin wrote:
-hotdog wrote:

again with the making of the cars. If cars were made to only go the speed limit, people wouldn't make after market parts for cars, there for no more mods...
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:53 am

-hotdog wrote:
coady-admin wrote:
-hotdog wrote:

again with the making of the cars. If cars were made to only go the speed limit, people wouldn't make after market parts for cars, there for no more mods...
Why not, you can put a exhaust, turbo, all that stuff and it stay at say 120, just gonna get there fast and stop
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:19 am

coady-admin wrote:
-hotdog wrote:
coady-admin wrote:
-hotdog wrote:

Why not, you can put a exhaust, turbo, all that stuff and it stay at say 120, just gonna get there fast and stop

It seems like it'd be a waste of money though...i dunno...
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:38 am

If there was a limiter in a car that only allowed you to do 120. then there wouldnt be sales in fast cars/ i.e. skylines, Porsche, Lambos.
nobody buys a Lambo cause they want that thing to be the fastest 120 km/hr car on the road lol
If that was the case i would rock a TDI .
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:58 pm

its not about the the limit on the road but more whats your limit that you are capable of taking in a safe manor
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:26 pm

onepointeight wrote:

not with the price of diesel right now you wouldnt.

PhotoShark wrote:

its not about the the limit on the road but more whats your limit that you are capable of taking in a safe manor

Thats what we have now...its just people fail to realize what "safe" is...everyone has a different perspective what "safe" so really nothing would be different.,,,
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:09 am

-hotdog wrote:
onepointeight wrote:

900 KM plus a tank. You bet I would !
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:17 am

onepointeight wrote:
-hotdog wrote:
onepointeight wrote:

900 KM plus a tank. You bet I would !

But is it worth it anymore? Diesel cars cost a lot more then gas cars...The incentive used to be, more expensive engine, but i pay less for gas and go further.. Now Diesel is much higher in price of gas, therefor it doesnt seem worth it to spend the extra money on the engine and then the diesel fuel to put in it, when you could save money in the initial buying of the car, and then the price/amount of gas vs te price/amount of diesel you're putting into your car would half even themselves out.

You may only get 600 kms or soo per tank of gas, but its at a cheaper price than diesel. So when you put the extra 300 kms worth of gas into your tank, you even out the price of gas vs. diesel.

Now i know someones gonna come along and do the math to this to prove me wrong, so please do so. I wouldnt mind actually seeing some numbers here...im just WAYYYY too lazy to do em myself.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:30 am

gas/diesel will go down , eventually. Mad
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:57 am

Would you go to work! hahaha.

Not any time soon though...1.70 before summer ends? Not don from where we are now

(and im right aint i)
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:32 am

I am at work ! and im not going to lie. its saturday , i dont wanna be here and im doing fuck all.lol
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:08 am

Typical
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 am

IronHide wrote:
Typical

Listen here fucker Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? speed limits   What do you think? speed limits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think? speed limits
Page 1 of 1