Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turbos

Go down 
+10
95 hatch
coady-admin
DubAllStar
Munky
ubergeek
Sweetland
jamie.3030
Boost_Junkie
hocus_focus
alexward
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Umm I'm wondering if any of the smart people on this site have any knowledge of T3 turbos.

I've heard that they are good til 18 psi then the next place says 15psi and so on and so forth.

So does anyone know how much boost i can run off of my T3 and yes I have the fuel system to back any boost that the T3 will make.

I am also looking for an adjustable BOV and a boost controller and a turbo timer if any one has them for sale PM me.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 9:17 pm

what you driving now anyways?
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm still driving the wag just put a headgasket in and a bunch of other shit so its now my beater... my new ride is well you will know when the time comes might be done by show time but might be in the shop til next spring depends how far i go with it
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:15 am

i say that cause jordan was talking about something about you selling the type x system?
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:16 pm

yeah i sold my whole stereo to feed another money pit
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:44 pm

your going to turbo your wagon ?
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:16 pm

OH hell yeah um NO i thought bout it a year ago but now i have a vehicle that is already turbo so. i could only get 200hp out of the wagon before i would have to rebuild the motor. but my new vehicle can handle 300whp before i change much and 400whp with a quick tune from Jim Wolf Tech and larger injectors and fuel pump. the bottom end is solid til 450-500whp range but i dont think ill go much over 300whp. Don't wanna listen to all the 1.8T and 2.0T's crying Crying or Very sad No i'm not sure how fast it will be just yet but stock the computer shuts it down at 137mph but when i send my computer away to be tuned they will raise the rev limiter from 6500 to 7000 and remove the top speed limiter as well as tune it for 10 psi and larger injectors as well as my intake and exaust
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:43 pm

well i have a question that relates to a turbo.carter is sayin that you cant put a blow off valve on a turbo vw cause its slower?is it jsut a wste gate or what ?
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:28 pm

jamie.3030 wrote:
well i have a question that relates to a turbo.carter is sayin that you cant put a blow off valve on a turbo vw cause its slower?is it jsut a wste gate or what ?

I'm pretty sure that is BS, you actually believe Cater when it comes to cars?
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:36 pm

OK a wastgate is what stops the turbo from making more boost. a BOV simply relives the pressure on the intake pipe when you let off the gas.

When you let off the gass you close the throttle body. But the turbo spins like a MOFO so you still are compressing air in to the intake. But the throttle body is closed so where is the air goin to go....Back the way it came, backwards through the turbo slowing it down and maybe making it spin backwards.

A BOV is in the intake pipe and opens via vacum from the intake manifold when you let off the gas. allowing the pressure to vent to the atmosphere *loud* or back into the intake pipe before the turbo *quiet*.

So technically it is impossible to lose power with a BOV it actually would reduce turbo lag because the turbo can continue to spin like a MOFO instead of slowing down.

BUT there is one thing you have to think about your Mass Air Flow Sensor if your BOV is after your MAFS then your computer is goin to think that all that air is still reaching the engine ... but its not so you run rich *too much gas.

That is why rally cars sputter and shoot flames when they shift. But they are race cars they don't run right anyway.

A diverter or by-pass valve as most dubs use simply puts the air back in the exaust behind the turbo but they still slow the compressor down.

* you will NOT gain ANY power with a BOV they extend turbo life, reduce turbo lag and make a nice way to announce your arrival. Much more intimidating than a VW or SI With FART CAN
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 pm

alexward wrote:
...Much more intimidating than a VW or SI With FART CAN

I find it soo funny when you diss cars that the first two to be put down is VW's and Civic's. Considering this always comes from a guy that drives Fords! lol!

F-UCKER
O-NLY
R-UNS
D-OWNHILL
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:08 pm

BOVs and DVs serve the same purpose, they vent excess boost from the intake tract the difference being that a BOV vents the extra boost pressure out into the atmosphere so you are loosing that boost, a diverter valve however blows the extra boost back into the intake before the turbo so it is used to keep the turbo spinning reducing lag some people will argue that you don't want the boost recirculating because it is blowing hot air back into the turbo and you want cool air from the outside most cars that originaly were equiped with a diverter valve seem to perform better when you stay with the diverter valve. It seems most peoples argument for a BOV is they like the noise it makes.

A wastegate is similar to a BOV or DV except it is between teh exhaust manifold and the turbo it opens to allow exhaust gasses to bypass the turbo it does this to keep the turbo from spinning beyond its intended RPM maximum.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 pm

the only blow-off is gonna come out his ass

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
the only blow-off is gonna come out his ass

scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:11 pm

well i fucking told him that you need something to relive the presure hes like no u dont going on sayin how rene dont have one but i do beleive ive heard ur car when u shifted.Carter don't know what he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 pm

jamie.3030 wrote:
well i fucking told him that you need something to relive the presure hes like no u dont going on sayin how rene dont have one but i do beleive ive heard ur car when u shifted.Carter don't know what he's talking about.

Dude its Carter, hes definitly not the most knowledgable person on cars.
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:23 pm

well i know that but he like really thought he was right even after 3 people told him the same thing.oh lol if he knew about cars he'd fix his lol
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:26 pm

i drive a ford and have nohing against civics .....and vws .
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:48 pm

i was more or lease teasing the civic i dont mind civics now mk2s dont get me started but yeah i drive a ford they are cheap good on gas and yeah they break alot but nothign i cant fix in my drive way and it doesnt cost 500 bucks to fix the rear bumper.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:06 am

jamie.3030 wrote:

Carter is a lost soul in his little car world.. Ive shown him my Diverter Valve , and told him that sound he hears (whooosh) comes from my intake . . . . he wants to make his car sound like that. I told him to make sure she runs first lol
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:34 pm

onepointeight wrote:
Carter is a lost soul in his little car world.. Ive shown him my Diverter Valve , and told him that sound he hears (whooosh) comes from my intake . . . . he wants to make his car sound like that. I told him to make sure she runs first lol
tell that kid it's also the carbon fiber material that the Carbonio CAI is made of that gives it a unique sound compared to metal or plastic CAI's. The psssssh is from the DV, the wooooooosh is from the CAI, together it makes beautiful sounds.
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:41 pm

alexward wrote:

That is why rally cars sputter and shoot flames when they shift. But they are race cars they don't run right anyway.

A diverter or by-pass valve as most dubs use simply puts the air back in the exaust behind the turbo but they still slow the compressor down.

Almost got it right....

Rally cars shoot flames because they run an Anti-lag setup on their SEM, basically extra fuel is dumped between shifts and burns in the turbine housing to keep the turbo full spooled. This is incredibly hard on gear, but they are practically re-build every race.

As for the diverter valve, it recirculates are into the turbo inlet pipe after the MAF, not into the exhaust.

As for opinions on T3 turbos, be more specific, there are close to 100 different variations. T3 simply refers to the size of the exhaust flange
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:00 pm

I understand that there are MANY different trims for the t3 but im not sure of the trim of this particular one it is oem on the 1987 nissan 300zx turbo it has internal wastgate and no diverter valve or blow off valve.

That unfortuantly is all i can tell you about it.
I
It also runs 6.8 PSI stock but with a simple manuel boost controller i can take it to 10-12 no prob. here is the twin to mine. I should be making a little bigger numbers to prolly 250hp and 300 ft lbs.

And I'm running stock 15's for the time being might get some 19's or 20's this winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F93jn2PqeJA
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:06 pm

alexward wrote:
I understand that there are MANY different trims for the t3 but im not sure of the trim of this particular one it is oem on the 1987 nissan 300zx turbo it has internal wastgate and no diverter valve or blow off valve.

That unfortuantly is all i can tell you about it.
I
It also runs 6.8 PSI stock but with a simple manuel boost controller i can take it to 10-12 no prob. here is the twin to mine. I should be making a little bigger numbers to prolly 250hp and 300 ft lbs.

And I'm running stock 15's for the time being might get some 19's or 20's this winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F93jn2PqeJA

what do you have planned for the engine to handle the extra power? Is the engine sleeved like hondas or are they a solid cast block like Vw's?
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:17 pm

the engine is almost bullit proof the internals are solid til close to 500. it is a solid cast iron block.

the fuel system can hold 250whp no problem they start to run out of steam around 300whp.

but ive found a company jim wolf tech that will redo my ecu send me bigger injectors and remove the speed limiter and raise the rev limiter from 6500 to 7000rpm.

Intake, Exaust, Boost Controller, and Jim Wolf Tuning Should put me around the 300 to 350RWHP mark and thats enough for me.http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=237
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turbos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbos   Turbos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: