Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So....new engine....?

Go down 
+6
ubergeek
coady-admin
SMG
jamie.3030
iCivic
Sweetland
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sweetland

So....new engine....? Empty
PostSubject: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:48 am

Well me and Josh (Foooord) and few other people took a crusise up to Joshes house to hang around up there for a few. So I get there I park my car and go inside like a normal day, well when I came out I start my car to a nice loud knocking sound, great! So I ended up checking my oil and bam it was bone dry, yeap well thats all cool where was it? It wasnt on the ground, it didnt burn any on the way up because there was no blue smoke. So anyways I hitch a ride in the mother's car and go to Honda and get 3 quarts of oil to put in and continue my journey to Honda in my car. When I get there I put my car in and they said its probally connecting rods, lifters, or some other nice expensive fix. So since the engine has 250k, instead of putting a wad of cash into this engine to get it fixed, I'm going to order a bran new engine from Honda with 0km on it and drop that in. Errrrrr...cars they SUCK!!!! Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:57 am

go be a bit more rich...
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:02 am

-hotdog wrote:
go be a bit more rich...

Well I got to do one of the two anyways either fix the one I got or get a new one and the price I can get a new engine for would be about the same price of getting the old one fixed.
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 2:43 am

same thing happened to my moms escape we still dont know where the oil went then the motor was say this one ticky ticky knock knock dead so we ended up geting a new one
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 6:59 am

Both of my cars burn oil so I've never let either go dry. That's really shitty man, best of luck with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:33 am

that sucks, hondas burn oil, i know mine did i had to add oil every week. Getting something with more power or same?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:35 am

ouch ....that sucks Mark, I hope it works out for you. Same engine or something a lil' different?
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Well I want to go with a B18 series engine, but correct me if I'm wrong, I think you got to change the ECU, tranny, wiring harness, and axels to do this swap and if thats the case I'm just going to go with the same engine which is a D16Y8 VTECH. I joined a few Honda forums and asked the question cause I'm not that smart when it comes to that stuff.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 pm

coady-admin wrote:
that sucks, hondas burn oil, i know mine did i had to add oil every week. Getting something with more power or same?
The damn thing leaks though.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Sweetland wrote:
Well I want to go with a B18 series engine, but correct me if I'm wrong, I think you got to change the ECU, tranny, wiring harness, and axels to do this swap and if thats the case I'm just going to go with the same engine which is a D16Y8 VTECH. I joined a few Honda forums and asked the question cause I'm not that smart when it comes to that stuff.

yeah you need tranny, ecu and all that, for my old civic i could of gotten all i needed for under 1000$.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:47 pm

coady-admin wrote:
Sweetland wrote:

yeah you need tranny, ecu and all that, for my old civic i could of gotten all i needed for under 1000$.

Shit yeah thats what I thought. Well looks like I'm sticking with the D16 then. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:36 pm

oh well, benefits u in the long run anyways..new engine, no km's, almost lucky...if u didnt have to pay for it
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:41 pm

ouch... sorry to hear dude! get er' all fixed up ! drop a v-tec inner with a turbo?
or maybe throw a VW badge on the front and see if it helps ? Laughing
So....new engine....? IMAGE_004
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:56 pm

ouch that sucks man im think mines on its way out recently started smoking but yeah it has 250k on it this is engine number 2 for the wagin prolly change it this summer if it makes it that far
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:17 am

Hahaha nice VW emblem on that Civic. Laughing Well turns out today engine is shot, number 4 cylinder and connecting rods are shot. So new engine for sure no choice now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:18 am

so hurry up and get an engine!!!
mide-as-well put your exhaust on it too!
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:19 am

put an accord motor in it
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:33 am

-hotdog wrote:
so hurry up and get an engine!!!
mide-as-well put your exhaust on it too!

I'm working on it. Smile

coady-admin wrote:
put an accord motor in it

That would probaly involve changing all the shit that I dont want to do.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:33 am

yah lazy bum haha
how much you payin for a new engine?
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:17 pm

dont waist your money on a motor, instead bring your car to shows on a trailer. Use your money and buy this instead

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1138#9030
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:28 pm

and be just like every other ricerocket out there....

COme on Mark, we know you've got cleaner taste than that Wink
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:57 pm

IronHide wrote:
and be just like every other ricerocket out there....

COme on Mark, we know you've got cleaner taste than that Wink

No worrys no kit is going on this whip just a front lip and some slamage!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Well I finaly got my car back after a few delays and shes finaly back on the road. I also had my headlights installed at the same time and every thing turned out very well I'm very pleased.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:26 am

glad you got it working agian broken cars suck
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:27 am

Sweetland wrote:
Well I finaly got my car back after a few delays and shes finaly back on the road. I also had my headlights installed at the same time and every thing turned out very well I'm very pleased.
Minus the exhaust didnt fit Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So....new engine....?   So....new engine....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So....new engine....?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next