Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The bugs in the beetle

Go down 
+4
ford
iCivic
coady-admin
alexward
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alexward

alexward

The bugs in the beetle Empty
PostSubject: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:25 am

Well the beetle as any 37 year old car isnt perfect so ill post the small shit i do here.

Today i fixed the cable for the gas door. Fixed the fresh air inlets in the front, and opened the sunroof for the first time in eight years.
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Finally got my cable for my phone so here an update with pics.

When i fixed the fresh air vents it just seems that when they put the cd player in they just never hooked them up.
The bugs in the beetle 04130910

When i had the brakes apart to clean/fix them i discovered that my right front wheeel seal was bad. So i changeed that and decided to paint the brakes at the same time.
The bugs in the beetle 04170910
The bugs in the beetle 04170911
The bugs in the beetle 04170912
The bugs in the beetle 04170913
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Decided the engine bay was next so i pulled out the two cooling tins that can be removed and cleaned adn painted them.
The bugs in the beetle 04190910

The Largest one needed some straightening.
The bugs in the beetle 04190911

Also cleaned and painted the air cleaner.
The bugs in the beetle 04190912
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:35 pm

After I reinstalled the tins and the air cleaner.
The bugs in the beetle 04190913

After i replaced all the aluminium heater hoses. starting to look better.
The bugs in the beetle 04230910

The reason the beetle isn't coming along as fast as it should. been Building a piece onto the barn for me to store it and work on it. I am no carpenter so no bitching and the cost of the building so far is NIL. Just been scrounging parts. Me and my grandfather been working away at it.
The bugs in the beetle 04240910
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:41 pm

that car is in really good shape for how old it is, based on the pictures anywas
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:54 pm

shes 37 years old. she is in excelent shape except for on spot in teh front crossmember has two holes about the size of a pen not worried about them until this winter when i have it all apart. and just ahead of the rear wheels is starting to bubble the paint still not gonna worry about it until this winter.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 am

alexward wrote:
and just ahead of the rear wheels is starting to bubble the paint still not gonna worry about it until this winter.

do you realize how salty the air is here?
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:43 pm

nop why would the air be salty? not like we live on a fuckin ocean. banghead

I've been around cars long enough to know whats good and whats bad. i have no worries about tehm breaking through this year the car is now sittin in a building with a wood floor with a breathable cover over it.
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:19 am

alexward wrote:
nop why would the air be salty? not like we live on a fuckin ocean. banghead

I've been around cars long enough to know that i have no taste, and still needs daddies help, i have no worries about tehm breaking through this year the car is now sittin in a building with a wood floor with a breathable cover over it.

fixed tongue
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 pm

yep you got it. still need daddies help ROFL never had a dad. my grand father enojys working on the beetle and knows more than anyone on this site i mean hes only been workin on cars as a mechanic for 50 some years.

Ford your car is faster then me being an ogre. Probably handles better too cause its not a a million years old. jeesh...i wish i wasnt a big ogre fuck.
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 pm

I seen this car at Jordan Hubbard's the other week and it looked in pretty good shape for sure. Definitely a dub worthy of a photoshoot even if it does have a lawnmower motor. Air cooled is for practicality not speed. Represent Ytowndubs at MVOC and bring it to a meet on Tuesday sometime man.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:41 am

i have to say this dub in its age is more impressing with the technology advances they had for the time period then what is on the road today for VW. even though the gas furnace is harder on fuel then the car itself and the spare tire windshield pump get up is cool even though you will have a half flat spare in case of emergency lol
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Got two boxes of parts today. new tail pipes, polished stainless eyebrows, oil gaskets, valve cover gaskets, proper VW jack, New headlight, and a glove box with spot for hidden cd player. will have pics up tomorrow.

The gas heaters in the front which mine does not have burns about 1 liter per hour.

And as for the windshield washer running off the spare i truly have no clue wtf they were thinking, mine is currently set up cheater with the original hoses in place but a 12volt motor hidden under the dash Laughing The valve in mine is broke. But i am starting to source parts to put it back right sometime.
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Well heres some new shiny stuff. I have my eyebrows and tail pipes installed.
Eyebrows old and new.
The bugs in the beetle 05020910

Turns out they are a bit lower than the old ones but i like em.
The bugs in the beetle 05020912

Tail pipes. OLD
The bugs in the beetle 05020911

New
The bugs in the beetle 05020913
The bugs in the beetle 05020914

Turns out i ordered the wrong headlight i got one for an american beetle. So ive gotta find one for my german bitch.

Got the light semi-temporary wired in the beetle barn
The bugs in the beetle 05030910
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:06 pm

whats the running total on this? are the parts expensive?
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:09 pm

LOL wheel seal 2$, wheel bearing inner and outer 15$ you be the judge. No i find parts very cheap just hard to find at times.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:39 pm

alexward wrote:
LOL wheel seal 2$, wheel bearing inner and outer 15$ you be the judge. No i find parts very cheap just hard to find at times.

patients is a virtue.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:42 pm

iCiviC wrote:
patients is a virtue.

They definitely are. How else is a doctor supposed to afford that black Benz?
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:56 pm

SMG wrote:
iCiviC wrote:
patients is a virtue.

They definitely are. How else is a doctor supposed to afford that black Benz?

lol!
your a clever fella Jordan, Clever indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs in the beetle   The bugs in the beetle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs in the beetle
Page 1 of 1