Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nothing Spectacular

Go down 
+6
coady-admin
Boost_Junkie
suckallotofdick
Sweetland
Munky
ubergeek
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ubergeek

ubergeek

Nothing Spectacular Empty
PostSubject: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:42 am

Here's a shot I entered in a photo contest on Facebook....

"Seeing the Light"

As a fierce storm ravaged the Holiday season of 2008, we seemed to have overcome the hardships that Mother Nature left behind. Many memories were to be had close to this tree located at the South Supervised Playground.

Nothing Spectacular 3194150500_3e9690e1a9_o

and here's a touch up of one I posted awhile ago...

Nothing Spectacular 3193304935_cd7108f4df_o
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:59 am

I saw that pic on facebook, i love it man!
Your skills with a camera are amazing dude.. it should be a great year for the dub scene!
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Barricade wrote:
I saw that pic on facebook, i love it man!
Your skills with a camera are amazing dude.. it should be a great year for the dub scene!

I definitly agree!
Back to top Go down
suckallotofdick

suckallotofdick

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:37 am

You know the story Puck......>Sick pics
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 pm

I fount this pick while I was stalking Mr.Woo on CrackBook . . . This is how talented he is. Great sense of photography and thought imaging. skill. Great work Puck
Nothing Spectacular N512943274_1931475_696

Last edited by Boost_Junkie on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:28 pm

I'd Like to Print this and hang it in my office. If thats cool with you.
Ubergeek wrote:

Nothing Spectacular 3194150500_3e9690e1a9_o

Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Boost_Junkie wrote:
I fount this pick while I was stalking Mr.Woo on CrackBook . . . This is how talented he is. Great sense of photography and thought imaging. skill. Great work Puck

Woah.... thats fucking trippy... pucky clones.... thats how you made so many eggrolls for the new years party eh?
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Barricade wrote:
Boost_Junkie wrote:

Woah.... thats fucking trippy... pucky clones.... thats how you made so many eggrolls for the new years party eh?

That is really cool. I like the pic of the tree to. good work as always Thumb Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Nice pics man! I can't wait to see your work this summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 pm

thanks guys....it means a lot

all prints of my work is always up for grabs as long as I get credit king

hahhaa, yeah I only wish I had clones to do my work daily...then I could take a vacation Razz

and yes, this year should be spectacular....i can't wait to roll summer wheels
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:27 pm

by the way what are some of the filter/plugins you use in photoshop?
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:51 pm

hocus_focus wrote:
by the way what are some of the filter/plugins you use in photoshop?
pluggins??....lol I don't use any....just what CS3 has to offer. I used Photomatix Pro for the tree shot. The clones shot is just a layers/blend technique with some dodge and burn processing done with CS3...using RAW images Thumb Up
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 pm

see thats the thing since i have a step below slr i cant do raw so i have to use lab colors and a few plugins like Nik ColorEfex Pro v3.101 to make my photos a little bit better then from there i can save them as a raw file format
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 pm

Plugins never add what wasn't there in the first place y'know?

Pucky had to upgrade his camera to get the quality we're looking at. Thumb Up
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:34 am

yes i know i wanted to go to slr but since it cost allot more for the lenses i went with the step below slr so now when i take photos im getting better results then my powershot A520 4.0MP,4X(now have SX10IS 10.9MP 20X)
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:07 am

beautiful as always puck.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 am

hocus_focus wrote:
yes i know i wanted to go to slr but since it cost allot more for the lenses i went with the step below slr so now when i take photos im getting better results then my powershot A520 4.0MP,4X(now have SX10IS 10.9MP 20X)

i'll sell ya a dslr real cheap
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 am

hocus_focus wrote:
to make my photos a little bit better then from there i can save them as a raw file format
scratch
hmmm....I wasn't aware that you can save jpegs with software and turn them into RAW???

The RAW format images is a raw image that the camera renders given the current lighting conditions and settings you have set for the picture being taken....I find it hard for an outside software program to render this image when it doesn't "know" the conditions.....

from Wilkipedia:
"A raw image file contains minimally processed data from the image sensor of a digital camera or image scanner. Raw files are so named because they are not yet processed.

Normally, the image is processed by a raw converter in a wide-gamut internal colorspace where precise adjustments can be made before conversion to an RGB file format such as TIFF or JPEG for storage, printing, or further manipulation.

Raw image files are sometimes called digital negatives, as they fulfill the same role as negatives in film photography: that is, the negative is not directly usable as an image, but has all of the information needed to create an image. Likewise, the process of converting a raw image file into a viewable format is sometimes called developing a raw image, by analogy with the film development process used to convert photographic film into viewable prints.

Like a photographic negative, a raw digital image may have a wider dynamic range or color gamut than the eventual final image format. The selection of the final choice of image rendering is part of the process of white balancing and color grading.

Raw formats' purpose is to faithfully record both 100% of exactly what the sensor "saw" (the data), and the conditions surrounding the recording of the image (the metadata)."

....so, I don't understand how you turn a processed picture into an unprocessed image....??
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:02 am

you use cs3 you said when you go to save the projects you are working on with different modes of color you can save them in a raw format . but a .jpeg is in 8bit/channel color most of the time i change it to lab color and then to 16 bits/channel then from there i can use some plugins to sharpen the picture or edit it in different ways and when i go to save it now that its in a different mode the jpeg option is gone its now only .tif and .raw so the 1.3 meg jpeg file is now a 22.1 meg .tif file
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:32 am

it's still not a true raw format... but a simulated raw.. you're taking a compressed jpeg image, decompressing it with an estimated algorithm, editing it, then saving it in this uncompressed, estimated format, that's why the file size grows, but it's not a true raw format photo.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:39 pm

kk makes sense thanks for the heads up guys
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:11 pm

A RAW image is like an analog film negative. What you're doing is like taking a printed colour photo and re-photographing it to get a negative on film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Spectacular   Nothing Spectacular Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nothing Spectacular
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: Media :: Photos/ videos-
Jump to: