Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Interior

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StEvE-O

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:57 am

this is a pretty slow progression since it takes forever to sand things down properly, but heres a few pics of my a-pillar covers and my guage bezel that i'm painting this winter

Half sanded, half unsanded
My Interior N511444396_271357_6505

both Sanded to 320, waiting for cleaning and primer
My Interior N511444396_280005_6574

Guage bezel partially sanded with 80
My Interior N511444396_280008_7305

in doing this i really wouldnt reccomend anyone do this unless either
A. you have your car i storage (like me)
or B. you dont mind your interior being in pieces as you drive

another thing to keep in mind, this is very labour intensive, so dont think because you sanded some drywal or a bird house when you were little that this will be easy, because it really, really isnt
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:06 am

i know what your sayen about it being hard, sanding is the worst thing ever, but your better off doin it good the first time then to have your paint peel off. this is the thing im looking forward to the least on my mustang, im doin my whole interior black, if im lucky ill find some cheap parts and not have to paint everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
Sweetland

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:33 pm

What paint are you going to use on this? On my old car (the Corolla) I painted my dash black using the Duplicolor interior paint and all I did to prep it is clean the surface down with soap and warm water. Then I sprayed 4 coats on each piece evenly and it came out like it was factory, even better than factory, awesome results! And yeah your definitly right about driving with no dash being a pain in the a$$, I did for a whole week with no dash, and all I got to say is HA, fun. Laughing
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:32 pm

what color was your interior before? and what color are you doing?
Back to top Go down
StEvE-O

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:16 am

well i'm using this..
My Interior N511444396_334649_9592

and Im gonna get however much i need of Indigo Blue Metallic (My OEM Body Color) and Im not really sure what I' gonna do for Black, since i'm doing a 2 tone, and i'm pretty disapointed In NAPA here, i went looking for plain and simply a black with a blue metallic in it.. and after about an hour of looking through their paint books all i could find was the paint code from a Jaguar XKR.. but at 54$ a pint i think thats a tad steep right now.. and they had no clue what i was talking about in the first place so i'm gonna try some other places later on in the month after i find this job.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:19 pm

go to autochoice they have tons of colors.
Back to top Go down
StEvE-O

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:19 am

well, napa had tons too, they just didn't know dick about anything
Back to top Go down
StEvE-O

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:11 am

small update, no pics though.

Got my guage bezel sanded up to 100 grit now
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:09 pm

i remember driving with no dash when i first got the car cuz i wanted to paint my gauge bezel and it wouldnt dry or i didnt like the way it turned out cuz i half assed the first 2 times but yeah looks like ur commited now lol
Back to top Go down
StEvE-O

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:48 am

change of plans, not hvlp guns, gonna spray bomb it with some custom mixed spray paint, should be done by the end of march i'm hoping,
Back to top Go down
98talon

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:26 am

dhould of just fiberglassed it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Interior   My Interior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Interior
Page 1 of 1