Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

72' WaterBEETLE

Go down 
+3
ABCZ
TheDirtyFresh
alexward
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alexward

alexward

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Well here it is!!! No papers have been signed yet but i am 99.9% sure its mine.

Had it out for a spin today. I was wrong about the year due to the fact that someone has changed the bumpers and the taillights to the older style.
Works GREAT well as great as 40hp can. The only problem we had starting it after sitting all winter was the fuel line on the filter leaked a few twists and it was fixed.

Pics were taking from my cell phone so no bitchin.
72' WaterBEETLE 04060910
Didn't even realise teh concorde when i took teh pic but its a neat effect lol

72' WaterBEETLE 04060911
Gotta re-upholster the door panels to actually match the seats with black and dark blue. pioneer cd player MUST GO.

72' WaterBEETLE 04060912
Air cooled awesomeness Its even got dual port heads. set of dual carbs this winter prolly
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Sell the car immediately to someone who has a fucking clue kplsthnx.
Back to top Go down
ABCZ

ABCZ

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:22 pm

awe man i can see him fucking this car up Thumb Down
Back to top Go down
JBoud

JBoud

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:41 pm

arnick1993 wrote:
looks like whomever had it before him already fucked it for him. he bought a pre-fucked automobile
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 pm

that fuckin car is in near mint shape....holy fuck...good find king

first mod.....AIR RIDE SUSPENSION ASAP
Back to top Go down
ITINT

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 am

hocus_focus wrote:
arnick1993 wrote:
looks like whomever had it before him already fucked it for him. he bought a pre-fucked automobile
Laughing
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Ubergeek wrote:
that fuckin car is in near mint shape....holy fuck...good find king

first mod.....AIR RIDE SUSPENSION ASAP
Would love to have a bagged bug for some hoodride but its not goin to take place this year. just gunna clean it up a bit for mvoc. this winter it has some underlieing issues that are no big deal but i want them taken care of.

I was very surprised at how little rust is on it there is one spot inside the left front fender. it is only the size of a nickel and its not a hole just surface rust.

From wat i have been told the beetle is actually from germany. which means it has the top of the line chrome so there is not pitting
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Well the beetle is finally in my name. I have determined that it is in fact from germany.

Had it out yesterday put some fresh gas in it set the timing ahead abit. then discovered that the rear brakes are sticking, no big surprise seing that the car hasnt really been used in 8 years. First fine day i'm goin to tear all the brakes apart clean them up and replace anything that needs to be replaced.

I have ordered new eyebrows,new chrome flaired tail pipes, distributor cap, rotor button,condenser, points, plugs, plug wires, new glove box, emergency brake handle, and a hand full of german fuses.

Found a rather neat sign in the car. 72' WaterBEETLE 04100910

Wondering if anyone may know the signifigance of the little vw man he stands on the rear bumper but he is broke off so this week i gotta reweld him and paint him silver
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:39 pm

well today was an intreting adventure. I found a guy in bridewater that has pretty much every part there is for beetles.

My only purchase today was a bosch 009 vacum advance distributor that he had in a box in his basement.

should let the beetle idle a little better and she willpull away a little better. with the mechanical advance that somone put on it the timing was retarded too much at low rpms.

Sorry bout no pics left my phone cable at my moms place. will post pics soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

72' WaterBEETLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: 72' WaterBEETLE   72' WaterBEETLE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

72' WaterBEETLE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: Media :: Your Ride-
Jump to: