Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Tri-Country sucks

Go down 
+9
iCivic
Munky
Boost_Junkie
Sweetland
ubergeek
El Carto
jamie.3030
JDunk
ford
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ford

ford

The Tri-Country sucks Empty
PostSubject: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 pm

So, I have yet to find 1 god damn job!?!?

its been 10 months and about 3 trees worth of paper. WAY to much effort thus far along the lines of trying.

Is there honestly not one place in this fucking town that will hire!? Mad

banghead

help? ahah

advice?

ANYTHING!?
Back to top Go down
JDunk

JDunk

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:41 pm

have u tried some auto parts stores?
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:10 am

that sucks cartool just got a job a ctire mayswell find a way to get him fired and take his job lol
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:22 am

ill give you some advice josh lol

you will never get a job filling oput applications and just dropping of resumes.

go into a workplace ask to speak to the owner/manager, shake their hard and introduce yourself tell them your looking for a job and figured you would come to the source first, if they are interested do up a resume and a COVER LETTER and bring it back to them

return in 1 week and check in

put yourself out there the more enthusisam you show toward an employer the more likey you are to get hired because any idiot can look good on a peice of paper, if you stand out from all the rest you will succeed
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 am

in this economic turmoil situation.....people are loosing jobs.

you should have stayed at kfc son.......

think of it....if fishing is the shits now....what is left for this community?
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 am

Bucknasty wrote:
...you will never get a job filling oput applications and just dropping of resumes...

I did... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 am

Ubergeek wrote:

Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 am

The Tri-Country sucks Smartchart
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:39 am

hahhahahahahahaahaa....sick man thanks I needed that Thumb Up

on a side note....it ain't Tri-Counties fault....it's us civilians as a community. we let this shit fall apart
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 am

Bucknasty wrote:
ill give you some advice josh lol

you will never get a job filling oput applications and just dropping of resumes.

go into a workplace ask to speak to the owner/manager, shake their hard and introduce yourself tell them your looking for a job and figured you would come to the source first, if they are interested do up a resume and a COVER LETTER and bring it back to them

return in 1 week and check in

put yourself out there the more enthusisam you show toward an employer the more likely you are to get hired because any idiot can look good on a peice of paper, if you stand out from all the rest you will succeed

Doesn't matter, that still failed!
I met with 3 managers, the old owner and put in about 7 applicates to canadian tire....

Ubergeek wrote:

you should have stayed at kfc son.......

think of it....if fishing is the shits now....what is left for this community?

your right kf grease was bomb.... not really sure why i left. And yah... fishing/ yarmouth is going to become a shit hole here right soon i got a feeling...
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 pm

What department is carter workin in? I really can't see him workin there at all...
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:22 pm

iCiviC wrote:
What department is carter workin in? I really can't see him workin there at all...
hopefully not in the shop putting extra torque on your wheel lugs so they snap off lol!

he's probably in the garden center shitting in them bags getting ready for the spring...
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Ubergeek wrote:
iCiviC wrote:
hopefully not in the shop putting extra torque on your wheel lugs so they snap off lol!

he's probably in the garden center shitting in them bags getting ready for the spring...

Nope, he applied for the same position i applied for more then once...

automotive.

but for now he is out back putting bikes together Rolling Eyes

(or atleast he is trying)

lol!

still jobless! who's hiring ?!
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:01 pm

your mother wrote:

John St. has been hiring for years. No application needed. Trust me . Barf
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:38 pm

your mother wrote:

Where have you applied?
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:20 pm

um....

canadain tire, sobeys, shell, kent, homehard ware, air port, Rose truck load clearance, rodd grand, best western, tim horton's , pizza delight, um.... the hotel next to the shell , Cleve's , Staples, walmart, Superstore.........

lol! ........................................................................................ bounce
Back to top Go down
suckallotofdick

suckallotofdick

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 pm

haha you must have a good rep, through town....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:01 pm

of those you listed....your best chances sadly are Walmart and Superstore
in all honesty...no one is hiring part-timers.
during the winter months this town does business in the daytime when you're at school.
cutbacks are abundant.
resistance is futile.
join the CAF.
serve your country.
get paid to go to school.
commence basic training.
retire in 20yrs with a government pension at 40yrs old.
be in a parade that honours you.
get drunk at the mess hall.
more importantly....shoot guns.
real guns.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:37 pm

did you look on the goverment job bankhttp://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Intro_eng.aspx
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:10 am

that site is in my favorites.... and yah puck i know (N) its a shitty time to be jobless!
Back to top Go down
alan_morton

alan_morton

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:17 pm

superstore isn`t hiring now anyway they have this thing going that no department is aloud to hire right now for some fucked up reason trying to save hours or some bullshit i think the same with walmart but im not sure about there cuz i know some people got laid off from walmart
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 pm

alan_morton wrote:
superstore isn`t hiring now anyway they have this thing going that no department is aloud to hire right now for some fucked up reason trying to save hours or some bullshit

Its called a Recession . People trying to save money due to the fact the aren't making money. It's common sense.

Christ our store went from being open Mon-Friday 7:30-9. Sat 8-5. too ...

We're now open Mon-Friday 7:30 till 6.. Sat. 8-5. Due to the fact Dad would rather have people working with less hours , then to lay people off with families to feed and have no hrs.

Everyone is feeling it. And i'm sure Puck can vouch as he is a business owner him self. Times are tough. People need to realize this.

Were living in a day were "Everything is so amazing and Nobody is happy ... "
It's a funny clip but true clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:18 pm

one word...... Zeitgeist

to put it plain and simple....
We (the world in general) are caught up in a fast-paced capitalistic regime....where money rules our everyday lives. We put ourselves in debt simply because of what we WANT.....undermining what we truly NEED.

case in point...plasma TVs, new cars, trucks, 4 wheelers, Xbox 360, IPOD, computers, laptops...etc are all things we WANT in order to make life livable and passable from the daily routine that life/working/government system has given us.

now... power, fuel, food, housing are necessities that we NEED.

So.....if people (in general) are spending big bucks on the things we WANT...it doesn't leave room for the things we NEED.

If you look at the things we WANT vs. the things we NEED....by paying money to NSPower, C Hubbards Fuels (example), Lotus geek , and rent/mortgage....you are putting money back into the local economy in one way or another.......Now, if you spend your money on plasma TVs, XBOX, Ipod etc.....that money goes to rich corporations that don't give a fuck about you and me and our community. It's how society has fucked up the whole Checks and Balances.

i asked one of our dishwashers awhile back....a question on his value of money. I asked him if he had $10 to spend until his next paycheque 1 week from now....what he would purchase. He's a pothead. I gave him choices:
a) would you buy something to eat?
b) would you buy alcohol?
c) would you put it towards an upcoming bill...ie rent, power, oil etc
d) would you buy dope/weed/chronic?
e) would you give it to someone you owe money to?

can you guess what he chose?
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm

btw....if you have not seen this and if/when you get some free time to watch a 2hour program on society and how the world is fucked...check out Zeitgeist. Sure it's American, but it affects us as well. It explains the economic downfall of banks, society, government greed, debt.....it starts off slow, and there are about 12 parts to it, so it won't seem like 2 hours

just scroll down to Z

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/movies/(2007)_zeitgeist_.html
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Ubergeek wrote:

i asked one of our dishwashers awhile back....a question on his value of money. I asked him if he had $10 to spend until his next paycheque 1 week from now....what he would purchase. He's a pothead. I gave him choices:
a) would you buy something to eat?
b) would you buy alcohol?
c) would you put it towards an upcoming bill...ie rent, power, oil etc
d) would you buy dope/weed/chronic?
e) would you give it to someone you owe money to?

can you guess what he chose?

one of the two i bet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tri-Country sucks   The Tri-Country sucks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tri-Country sucks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next