Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a Good platform to start?

Go down 
+3
Sweetland
ubergeek
iCivic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
iCivic
iCivic

a Good platform to start? Empty
PostSubject: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:30 pm

http://www.lowmotion.org/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=143346

Can someone give me a heads up? It seems like a decent deal for a great price, then i can build from there.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 pm

2 g's is a good price shipped in the maitimes.....what are the known specs of a Gt28r??

also I wonder if it's the dual ball bearing or bush bearing type...

*edit nm...ic
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:57 pm

Hmmm...looks good. I'd definitly look into it for sure.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Supports up to 350 hp. T25 style housing - a perfect high power T25 or T28 upgrade turbo. Dual ball bearings allow for higher efficiency and much faster spool up. Compressor: 60 mm, 60 Trim, 0.60 A/R. Turbine: 62 Trim, 0.64 A/R. Internally wastgated, oil cooled.

thats from garrett.

i pm'd buddy.
i think im gonna grab the kit.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 pm

iCiviC wrote:
Supports up to 350 hp. T25 style housing - a perfect high power T25 or T28 upgrade turbo. Dual ball bearings allow for higher efficiency and much faster spool up. Compressor: 60 mm, 60 Trim, 0.60 A/R. Turbine: 62 Trim, 0.64 A/R. Internally wastgated, oil cooled.

thats from garrett.

i pm'd buddy.

Do it! Cool
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:23 am

Do it. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:41 am

I'm waitin for a reply from buddy to find out some contact info and where he lives.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:02 am

vroom vroom
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:34 am

coady-admin wrote:
vroom vroom

....chsss. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Wheels

Wheels

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:02 am

awsome buddy...that didnt take you to long lol cheers
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 am

iCiviC wrote:

thats from garrett.

i pm'd buddy.

Its basically a step below the turbo i'm running on my car and it comes on the APR Stage 3 kit, the GT28r is really a GT2560 whereas the GT28rs is a GT2860, which is what i'm running.

Personally, seeing the spool characterists of my turbo, i think that the GT28r is on the small side of what you should be running, especially given how much Honda's like to rev. the nice thing about it is that it will be a very fast spooling turbo and should be a good starting point
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am

I don't see anything about Injectors and a tune, so expect to put at least another $1000 into that
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Barricade wrote:
I don't see anything about Injectors and a tune, so expect to put at least another $1000 into that

This is the PM' i got back from the guy.

1. I made some changes to what i am selling. I am no longer selling the tial BOV with it. But they go for sale all the time for 100-150 bucks on this site and others.
2. I am now including the oil sandwich adapter (it screws on to your oil filter threads so you can run the oil line from the turbo to it), i will still be including the oil feed and oil return lines, but NOT the coolant feed and return lines. These can be made for 15-30$ easily. In its place i am selling the already tapped oil pan for the turbo return line, including the -10AN fitting for the oil drain line to screw on to, so you wont have to do anything there.

3. In case you didnt know...you cant make more than 240 whp reliably on a stock D series engine. You must change the pistons and rods before you can make over 250whp on a d16.
This turbo is capable of 31lbs/min, given the best conditions, which is 310 horsepower, but on a dseries it will be pushing it to get 300whp out of this turbo.

I'm telling you now though, this is fun ass setup to drive, and im sure i could have gotten into the 12's with it on the stock block had i turned up the boost to 15psi.
at 11psi i ran a 13.2 @105MPH.

I will sell for 1850$ very firm now, i already am losing over 2500$ on this shit..but it needs to go so i can get some money back for it.

what i gather from this is, i need a BOV (does it need to be TIAL?) and coolant lines?

What about ECU, Fuel Pressure Reg, Head Studs, Rods etc?
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Well i just got off the phone with buddy.
Its mine and im getting injectors with it. All for 2 grand..
Road trip to Fredricton. Whos in? lol
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:57 pm

iCiviC wrote:
Well i just got off the phone with buddy.
Its mine and im getting injectors with it. All for 2 grand..
Road trip to Fredricton. Whos in? lol

Sick dude... you'll have to take me for a ride once its all done lol!
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 pm

i just gotta decide on an ECU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a Good platform to start?   a Good platform to start? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a Good platform to start?
Page 1 of 1