Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

attn: those seeking employment out west

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ubergeek

ubergeek

attn: those seeking employment out west Empty
PostSubject: attn: those seeking employment out west   attn: those seeking employment out west Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:41 am

Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: attn: those seeking employment out west   attn: those seeking employment out west Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:09 pm

They can blame the job loss in Alberta on the recession, which in part, is SOMEWHAT true, but not entirely.
I know of only 2 job sites where i was (which is just about the heart of oil country) that are now shut down due to this recession. Now, without the recession, there would of been new sites opening up, but where the barrel is so they they havent, so i guess thats a problem too, people out of work on one site and no wheres else to go.

BUT a lot of the job loss in AB is due to the fact that jobs are ending. The construction part of the mining, building, upgrading etc. has to come to an end at some point and it has. The work sites have now been turned over to the oil companies. It just so happened that its now, and now in a year or 2.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: attn: those seeking employment out west   attn: those seeking employment out west Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:37 pm

....and with everyone leaving their home provinces to head out that way creates an over population with only limited number of jobs available. I know that when I lived in Calgary (about 15 years ago.... scratch damn, I'm old....the population was only about 900,000) me and my buddies didn't even bother looking for a job. We just partied and shit and spent all our money we saved up. It was too damn cold to go out searching for a job at the job bank (no internet back then Evil or Very Mad ) in the middle of winter, -40 degrees celsius. But by the spring things was all good though. Calgary was by far, the cleanest city I have ever lived in, and I have lived in a few major cities. But, the influx of people moving out there has gotta take it's toll on the job market....and it just ain't the industrial sector either....it's every department. I have a buddy ( an accountant) that's been there for 15 years since I was there and he said it's getting worst. He blames a lot on the population getting bigger and the recession, which binds them all. He said that when the guys move out there to work in construction, oil derricks or where ever....guess where their wives/women work? That's right, the non-industrial jobs.... ie accountants, banks clerks etc..... After awhile, the job market gets scarce and unsustainable until new job creations are in place. But with a recession it only makes it worst.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: attn: those seeking employment out west   attn: those seeking employment out west Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 am

Ubergeek wrote:
....and with everyone leaving their home provinces to head out that way creates an over population with only limited number of jobs available.
This is verry true. im only going to speak on apart of Fort Mac cause thats all i seen, but the population was growing about 10 000 people a year, for around 6 years...that's a lot of people with hopes of a wuick buck (which there is NOTHING wrong with Cool )
Ubergeek wrote:
I know that when I lived in Calgary (about 15 years ago.... scratch damn, I'm old....the population was only about 900,000) me and my buddies didn't even bother looking for a job. We just partied and shit and spent all our money we saved up. It was too damn cold to go out searching for a job at the job bank (no internet back then Evil or Very Mad ) in the middle of winter, -40 degrees celsius. But by the spring things was all good though. Calgary was by far, the cleanest city I have ever lived in, and I have lived in a few major cities. But, the influx of people moving out there has gotta take it's toll on the job market....and it just ain't the industrial sector either....it's every department. I have a buddy ( an accountant) that's been there for 15 years since I was there and he said it's getting worst. He blames a lot on the population getting bigger and the recession, which binds them all. He said that when the guys move out there to work in construction, oil derricks or where ever....guess where their wives/women work? That's right, the non-industrial jobs.... ie accountants, banks clerks etc..... After awhile, the job market gets scarce and unsustainable until new job creations are in place. But with a recession it only makes it worst.

This is also true..but everything changes...kind of a cycle i guess. This happened earlier on before any of us were being thought of, but We're not nearly as bad as they were in the 30's, it will however; sort itself out. Trends run in cycles...we just have to wait and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: attn: those seeking employment out west   attn: those seeking employment out west Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

attn: those seeking employment out west
Page 1 of 1