Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

adjustable coils.

Go down 
+6
Boost_Junkie
TheDirtyFresh
iCivic
hocus_focus
Sweetland
coady-admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:43 pm

I was watching a show on speed a few months ago and they were building a 350Z. For the suspension they put adjustable coils But they were adjustable from inside the car with a switch. They wernt air, just so noone sais that. Before they put them in the car they had them on a table, they moved the switch and you could watch them adjust up and down, so my guess is they were electric. ive googled everything i can think of and i cant find them anywheres. Does anyone know what there called?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
Sweetland

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:13 pm

The brand is Tien I do believe and I think its the same episode I watched. So try their website.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:35 pm

if you can get ahold of josh goudey he can order them for you
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:49 am

I was talkin to josh about them today actually.
They run between five and six grand.

With tien, you have to buy the campatible coils which are about three grand. Then cause its tien and they don't come with pillow ball mounts, you have to buy those for 300 each ( so 1200 for pillow ball mounts).

Up to 4200$

Next is the module that plugs into the coils (on top of the struts) at 150 a piece, so 600.

Then 150 for the control module that goes in the car.

After you have that 5 grand spent, you have the same suspension as a new sti or evo. The option to push a button and change the damping of the suspension. Not ride height, just dampening.
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:17 am

I was just coming in to post this, it only controls the dampening. A friend of mine had this on his S2K and it was a pretty sick setup.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:55 am

it is pretty sick..and i think im gonna make the suspension in my car, one of the last things i do.
if im doing alright out in Alberta (if i end up there) i might do it...it seems like it'd pretty be pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Megatron wrote:
I was just coming in to post this, it only controls the dampening. A friend of mine had this on his S2K and it was a pretty sick setup.

you don't have friends...
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:22 pm

thanks for the help. i knew they would be expensive but i wasnt expecting 6grand. thats more then i paid for my car haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
ubergeek

ubergeek

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:45 pm

fuck that shit......Air Bags FTW

what good is it if you can't slamm the fuck out of your car scratch dampening is a no brainer....and anybody can adjust them....manually or electronically
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:42 pm

the convience to push a button would be nice though...
the only thing is, i wonder how much of a difference you'de actually notice between settings...i would imagine it'd be noticeable, but who knows..deff one of those things that has to be researched more before id put it on my ride.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:45 am

for the type of driving you guys do..... this would be overkill.... aesthetically it wouldn't make any noticable difference in your car. Performance wise, well it'd be stellar.... if you could ever use it to it's potential. Get a good set of coils and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:56 am

IronHide wrote:
for the type of driving you guys do..... this would be overkill.... aesthetically it wouldn't make any noticable difference in your car. Performance wise, well it'd be stellar.... if you could ever use it to it's potential. Get a good set of coils and be done with it.

thats the plan...i really dont think i could justify 6 grand on coils right now....lol

Last edited by iCiviC on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:31 am

iCiviC wrote:
IronHide wrote:

thats the plan...i really dont think i could justify 6 grand on coils right now....lol

yeah unless your made of money their just a waste really. Coils will still slam ya.
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:04 am

What these guys said, why would you need to instantly adjust dampening on the spot that you couldn't just get out and adjust them on tops of the struts?
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:33 pm

yeah....I'm soooo bored with my coilovers. Bagging shit is my next ultimate move. Adjusting RIDE HEIGHT on-the-fly is far better then adjusting dampening on-the-fly......unless you do some tracking or ralley racing.....but for street use??? Keep dreaming and get your planned mods done first Sleep

MKV air ride FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adjustable coils. IMG_0002

adjustable coils. IMG_0005

adjustable coils. Untitled-3

adjustable coils. H20-23

adjustable coils. Car_garage-1

adjustable coils. DSC_0013___tonemapped-1

adjustable coils. 2877600632_240930b8c1_o

adjustable coils. Miker32f-1

adjustable coils. Th_MVI_0001
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:12 pm

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 am

Very, very nice! Cool Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
suckallotofdick

suckallotofdick

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:23 am

fuckin awsome pics!!
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am

I love everything about this car... Thanks for the new Wallpaper Puck !
adjustable coils. IMG_0002
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

adjustable coils. Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjustable coils.   adjustable coils. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

adjustable coils.
Page 1 of 1