Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

getting new users

Go down 
+5
iCivic
alan_morton
ubergeek
DubAllStar
coady-admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Does anyone have a way of attracting new users? ive joined some facebook/myspace groups and posted a link but its not doing much. Just trying to attract some new people. get some more variety
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
DubAllStar

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:31 pm

You've gotta have content to attract new users... and unfortunately this site is more of a social network then a learning resource. it doesn't have much appeal outside of the core group of friends/acquaintances that use it. it sucks but unfortunately that's the scenario you're looking at.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:58 pm

thats why i want to bring in other people, the thing is most people here know eachother and because of that it doesnt stay overly serious. so i was thinking new people might make for more topics that can stay on track
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:03 pm

you need something to offer them..... bottom line.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:07 pm

any ideads?
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 pm

well....they would have to want to visit the site (I think that's what Kyle is referring to)...I visit a lot of other sites because they pertain to my needs. In an example.....I visit golfmkv.com because I own a MKV....I visit CO because most of my friends are on there and we have a common bond (VW's and cars in general) the resources for info is also obtainable there. Also VWVortex.com has a great classified section. I visit NikonCafe because I just bought myself a Nikon camera and was learning more about my camera. Facebook is self explainatory. I do online banking, so therefore I visit my bank's website. When i need weather info...i go to a weather website. I have a few picture hosting site that I frequently upload pics to. When I need to shop from home I visit Ebay. When I want to watch a movie at home I go to a free movie host site.

I'm actually not sure why I come on to this site..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:10 pm

coady-admin wrote:
any ideads?
also I think your spelling scares a few people away
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Ubergeek wrote:
coady-admin wrote:
any ideads?
also I think your spelling scares a few people away

letters on the keyboard are to close
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:32 pm

the letter D isn't between the letters A and S on your keyboard.... so being too close doesn't factor in Razz
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 pm

IronHide wrote:
the letter D isn't between the letters A and S on your keyboard.... so being too close doesn't factor in Razz

i was spelling ideas put i spelled it as ideads S is next to D my since the keys are close i hit ds at the same time Since A is next to S thats next to D
Back to top Go down
alan_morton

alan_morton

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:42 pm

coady-admin wrote:
IronHide wrote:

i was spelling ideas put i spelled it as ideads S is next to D my since the keys are close i hit ds at the same time Since A is next to S thats next to D

thats pretty well the problem lol .... see how that got off topic so easy
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:52 am

I was gonna post that exact thing alan lol
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:40 am

Not all forums are created equal. All forums serve some purpose and this forum is what it is, a forum where a few Yarmouth car enthusiasts come to razz each other. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
suckallotofdick

suckallotofdick

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:08 am

SMG wrote:
Not all forums are created equal. All forums serve some purpose and this forum is what it is, a forum where a few Yarmouth car enthusiasts come to razz each other. Razz

LOL....sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:09 am

Walker wrote:
SMG wrote:

LOL....sounds good to me

george you've just been coming on here and writing 3 word sentences for like 3 months now ! lol

input brotha ! give us some input! your starting to look like kyle (minus the bitching ) Laughing
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:47 am

i dont know really.
even if we did attract other users, i still figure we'd scare em away.

we have 70 some-odd members...and MAYBE 15 of them come on here. at all lol
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Boost_Junkie wrote:

george you've just been coming on here and writing 3 word sentences for like 3 months now ! lol
input brotha ! give us some input! your starting to look like kyle (minus the bitching ) Laughing

Hey he doesn't use a computer every day.... wait a minute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

getting new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting new users   getting new users Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

getting new users
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: