Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Performance or Audio?

Go down 
+8
sidock
jamie.3030
Driftnami
ubergeek
Sweetland
alexward
fridgidy
coady-admin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

Performance or Audio? Empty
PostSubject: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:41 am

Well mark selling his subs started a pretty good conversation about this. so what are you for performance or audio? I say performance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
fridgidy

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:41 pm

well I would say performance but need a decent sounding stereo too in the car to listen to music or its just not as fun.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm

audio takes away from your performance, subs are heavy.
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:29 am

My car handled amazing when i had the diamond prolly 40-50 pounds in box now that i have teh type x it handles like poop prolly 55-70 pounds in box so it doesnt take much weight to upset teh balance between tight and loose
Back to top Go down
fridgidy

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:59 pm

yea I know it takes away from performance but I don't care I couldnt drive my car without decent sounding tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:01 pm

Performance all the way for me. I used to dump my coin into audio and realized I never used it enough and would get tons more joy hearing my car sound/perform or look good rather than be banging on my eardrums.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Performance FTW!!!!!

what good is it when a Toyota Echo passes you and you're listening to the same songs over and over again with the music so loud you didn't even notice the Echo sneakin up behind you????

since my last 2 cars are turbo-aspirated....i'd rather spend a few dollars to get more horsepower with bolt on parts....then to increase the db levels.......without question!!!

that being said....i like my Ipod setup with my 2 10" JL Audio's, MBQuart mid's and tweet's with a Kenwood mp3 HU .....but all that means nothing when i turn the music down to listen to my exhaust and turbo spoolin' up!!! If you haven't driven a car with a turbo, you won't understand.
Back to top Go down
Driftnami

Driftnami

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Performance FTW!!!!!

what good is it when a Toyota Echo passes you and you're listening to the same songs over and over again with the music so loud you didn't even notice the Echo sneakin up behind you????

since my last 2 cars are turbo-aspirated....i'd rather spend a few dollars to get more horsepower with bolt on parts....then to increase the db levels.......without question!!!

that being said....i like my Ipod setup with my 2 10" JL Audio's, MBQuart mid's and tweet's with a Kenwood mp3 HU .....but all that means nothing when i turn the music down to listen to my exhaust and turbo spoolin' up!!! If you haven't driven a car with a turbo, you won't understand.

True dat bro Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.driftnamiperformance.com
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:42 pm

I had subs in my civic, amp suckd tho. With the money it cost me i coulda bought a B16
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Performance FTW!!!!!

bhahahahahahahaha x2!
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:52 pm

if i ever get ownd by an echo im gonna burn my car to the ground lol
Back to top Go down
Driftnami

Driftnami

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:13 am

lets hope there are no echo hatches turboed around here then because they have owned a ton of mustangs
there was actually a couple in the states that always went to car shows and kept driving by annoying the mustang drivers then when the mustangs went after them the echos would own them pretty funny if you ask me lol

its all about the power to weight ratio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.driftnamiperformance.com
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:40 am

ya thats true echos weigh nothing, same as alot people with VR`s they ask me to race them but even tho i MIGHT have more power, i dont no exactly what my car has there is a bit done to it but i dont no what, i weigh more then they do.
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:36 pm

rather hear the v8 when i step on it rather then songs
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:51 pm

power is awesome, but when you work a part time job and ur parents wont let u get your own car cause they are nazi douchebags, then sound system is where its at if u want to do any mods to your car at all, sound system and visual is all i can do in my case...
Back to top Go down
Munky
Admin
Munky

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 3:39 am

wait until you get a car that sounds good, then you'll never have the stereo on
i'm all about performance
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 4:31 am

I don't need an upgraded stereo, I enjoy listening to my engine too much. My stereo is 100% stock with an iPod adapter. pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Performance , no questions asked. i mean if i want music really loud in stereo i would go home and blair my new britney spears album to hell yells at me. All you should need in a car is 6 speakers at the most for clearity , for those who want bass ..get a 10" sub little 250 amp. and listen to music rather then knock down the knic knacks at R&H davis .. in my opion anyways lol and maybe a dvd player for some XXX Cool
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 pm

onepointeight wrote:
Performance , no questions asked. i mean if i want music really loud in stereo i would go home and blair my new britney spears album to hell yells at me. All you should need in a car is 6 speakers at the most for clearity , for those who want bass ..get a 10" sub little 250 amp. and listen to music rather then knock down the knic knacks at R&H davis .. in my opion anyways lol and maybe a dvd player for some XXX Cool

greasy Razz
Back to top Go down
Pennell

Pennell

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:53 pm

yea im all about the performance from now on Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance or Audio?   Performance or Audio? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Performance or Audio?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: