Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the more i think about it...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iCivic
iCivic

the more i think about it... Empty
PostSubject: the more i think about it...   the more i think about it... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:20 pm

the more i think my car is actually an EX with an Si Badge...anyway to tell if this is true???
like the more stuff i read, the more it seems that this "Si" is in fact an "Ex" considering all Si's from 96-00 were supposed to come with a b18 stock....and this has a d16....i dont know..
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: the more i think about it...   the more i think about it... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm

I thought SI originally was reserved for "special" models....(like VW Golf=2.0L....GTI=2.0Turbo) the more i think about it... Iono

but now they're SiR....the R for Type R sort of thing. It could be a marketing thing for Honda to boost sales too. A D16 non Vtec hardly fits into the SI category....but what do I know about Honda....mine was a DX

you should ask around on some Honda forums....would be interesting to know
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: the more i think about it...   the more i think about it... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:49 pm

How many times do I need to explain this. The Si is the fully loaded Civic from Canada, in the states the Si is called an EX. Not all Si's came with a B16. None came with the B18, that was the Teg's. I can find you a bunch of 96-00 Si's in Yarmouth just like yours (stock) with the D16Y8 Vtec engine. It was the 2000 Si that had the B16, the older ones had the D16Y8 Vtec.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: the more i think about it...   the more i think about it... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Sweetland wrote:
How many times do I need to explain this. The Si is the fully loaded Civic from Canada, in the states the Si is called an EX. Not all Si's came with a B16. None came with the B18, that was the Teg's. I can find you a bunch of 96-00 Si's in Yarmouth just like yours (stock) with the D16Y8 Vtec engine. It was the 2000 Si that had the B16, the older ones had the D16Y8 Vtec.

i actually meant to hit the 6 and not 8. lol

But good on yah mark.
/thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the more i think about it...   the more i think about it... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the more i think about it...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: