Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do?

Go down 
+7
SMG
Sweetland
hocus_focus
coady-admin
jamie.3030
suckallotofdick
El Carto
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:44 am

okay so heres whats up, im going out west next year for an entire year then going to uni.
Im buying an M3, but i want a fast car, and even though an m3 is stupidly fast just by itself, i want it faster!so i can a) Buy a turbo charger/inter cooler kit for it for around 14k that mixed with a dinan intake/engine software will give it around 6-700 hp at the rear wheels. or i could b)buy the complete dinan package which includes the supercharger/inter cooled kit free flow exhaust/stage 5 engine software/high flow throttle body and a few other things which will give it a max of 462 hp. Both projects wil cost me about 25k at the end of it, and they will both be fast s fuck, but am looking for a bit of advice from the guys who know more when it comes to boost questions and import tunning, any advice would be awesome! and dont tell me to not waste my money because that just gives me more incentive to do it.
Back to top Go down
suckallotofdick

suckallotofdick

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:13 am

want some advice.......buy Phil Starrs M5.........sick cheers
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:32 pm

man thats the dumbest shit ever carter u have to get out of high school first
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 am

thats what i mean man after i come back from out west
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 am

why not use the money from out west to pay for uni, then do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 am

sell the m3 and get yourself while your out west a lexus IS-f

Lexus IS-F Preliminary Specifications

* Powertrain
o Engine: 5.0 Liter V8
o Estimated Horsepower: More than 400
o Estimated Torque: More than 350 lb.-ft.
o Transmission: Eight-speed direct paddle sport shift gear box
* Brakes
o Large diameter cross-drilled discs
o Front/Rear: 14.2 inches/13.6 inches
o Opposed aluminum calipers
o Front/Rear: Six piston/two piston
* Wheels
o Forged aluminum wheels
o Front: 225/40R19 (19 x8)
o Rear: 255/35R19 (19 x 9)
* Performance
o 0-60 MPH Acceleration: Under 4.9 seconds
its faster then an m3(the new one) and on top of that its 20k cheaper then the new m3
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:38 am

Another wasted thread.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 pm

I wish I had more hands, so I could give this thread four thumbs down!
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:21 pm

yup bad idea starting this, cant have a serious idea without people bashing it, i don't go around telling everyone don't buy a VR or sum shit, so sorry for wasting all you fuckers time, i was looking for a bit of advice on which option to go with, but no one wanted to talk about that, and langile did you not supercharge your bug? do i go around saying 4 thumbs down to that...no, i want to turbo a fuckin m3! so anyways i decided to go with the Horse Power Freaks stage 2 turbo, tuned right will put out a little less than 700 rwhp. and they guy said when im ready come to him with 50k and he will have a m3 with his system installed and shipped to me for that amount or less.
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 pm

shockwave wrote:
yup bad idea starting this, cant have a serious idea without people bashing it, i don't go around telling everyone don't buy a VR or sum shit, so sorry for wasting all you fuckers time, i was looking for a bit of advice on which option to go with, but no one wanted to talk about that, and langile did you not supercharge your bug? do i go around saying 4 thumbs down to that...no, i want to turbo a fuckin m3! so anyways i decided to go with the Horse Power Freaks stage 2 turbo, tuned right will put out a little less than 700 rwhp. and they guy said when im ready come to him with 50k and he will have a m3 with his system installed and shipped to me for that amount or less.

Advice will be given when you say your going to do something more reasonable not something $50000.00. BTW where the fuck are you going to get $50000.00 from? When you find out I'm in as well.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:30 pm

I think you're missing the point of everyone's reactions. Unless you're getting some serious help from your parents, drug dealing or some other source your idea isn't realistic.

I love BMW's a lot, but I think you need to set conservative goals. Most threads like this never go anywhere and that's why everyone replied how they did. If you actually pull it off I'll be the first person to shake your hand.

PS: My supercharger isn't long for this world:

What to do? Fmicuc2
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:35 pm

I was gonna stay away from this thread....but I just can't help myself.

first off....M3's aren't that fast. Sports luxury sedans=heavy pigs. HP numbers don't mean jack-shit when ya gotta push a 4000lb car around. Yes they're one of the best handling cars in the world. But they lack torque. Don't get me wrong....I love M3's....I just wouldn't consider turbo/super charging one. A nice suspension drop and wheels is all I would do to one.

secondly, why would you even consider this if you're gonna pay someone else to do the install. A project like this can get out of hand if the person doesn't know what they're doing. I mean, if you're gonna pay someone to read the instructions on the install....then why not do it yourself?? Wait....don't answer that. Don't forget....once you start to add more power to the stock engine, the other OEM parts begin to ware down faster because it wasn't designed to handle more power.....and beemer parts ain't cheap.

If money isn't an object......then it's totally up to you on what you wanna do. But for that kind of money....and if it's a M3 you want....I'd, personally, would put a down payment on a E92.....and rock a stock engine.....
What to do? Ind2

What to do? Ind1

What to do? M32008-04-22-01

being fast doesn't always get you baller status.......having style does. In the car game you need money and common sense to achieve this. Know where you stand with this theory.....because having one without the other= Your FAWKED

What to do? Hamann-E92-BMW-M3-Coupe

What to do? 189
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm

well thanks guys for taking it a bit more serious, the person that i was talking about who said he would install it or find me a car with it pre installed is the parts and sales director for horse power freaks (aka the guy who id be buying it through), he said the m3 with the stage 2 has no problem beating a gallado from any roll speed (cant spell) he said a porche with even with some of the biggest turbo upgrades have nothing on the top speed of the hpf m3 e46 \

<http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/productvideos/BMW/M3/HorsepowerFreaks/Turbos/Turbo_Kits/13291
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 pm

and im going out west for a full year and liveing for free with my dad so, mark if u want in your welcome
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:32 pm

no way it could but remember guys what carter says is true so.waste of time and money this idea
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:05 am

why you gotta be mean all the time
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:07 am

jamie.3030 wrote:
no way it could but remember guys what carter says is true so.waste of time and money this idea

shockwave wrote:
why you gotta be mean all the time

Mean? I couldn't even understand what he said.
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:59 am

haha well im 17 and im talking about buying a 25k m3 and puting a 25k turbo system in it yea it sounds a bit far fetched, but if i accomplish it you guys gotta give me props lol
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:14 am

Oh, everyone definitely would.

You have to remember where you are in life though. There's a time and a place to have a car like that, and I don't think 17 years old is it. Buying the car isn't even half the battle. What about maintaining it? Insuring it?

You think you'll have a reliable 700rwhp car? Not a chance. You'll break shit constantly and Bimmer parts are mega-pricey. Not to mention the retarded insurance rates for a 17 year old to drive an M3. Take a close look at the maintenance chart for the car too. A friend of mine has a 2006 M3 and the $300 oil changes are always enough to ruin his week.

Owning something like that in school would be such a huge responsibility. You'd be a slave to the car and your grades would reflect it. I think you should buy a nice older BMW, do it up nice and focus on school. Work your ass off, get good grades and when you graduate your dream car (huge turbo and all) will be affordable.
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:32 am

SuPRCHRGD wrote:
Oh, everyone definitely would.

You have to remember where you are in life though. There's a time and a place to have a car like that, and I don't think 17 years old is it. Buying the car isn't even half the battle. What about maintaining it? Insuring it?

You think you'll have a reliable 700rwhp car? Not a chance. You'll break shit constantly and Bimmer parts are mega-pricey. Not to mention the retarded insurance rates for a 17 year old to drive an M3. Take a close look at the maintenance chart for the car too. A friend of mine has a 2006 M3 and the $300 oil changes are always enough to ruin his week.

Owning something like that in school would be such a huge responsibility. You'd be a slave to the car and your grades would reflect it. I think you should buy a nice older BMW, do it up nice and focus on school. Work your ass off, get good grades and when you graduate your dream car (huge turbo and all) will be affordable.

you couldn't say it any better Jordan. Cartier , listen to what he's saying , he's been there, mind you hes rocking a fucking bad-ass bettle and he's still in school , but Jordan has his own business .
and if you look at all the nice car's you see around town , who ever is driving one , they have a full-time job.
AANNNNNDDD...... Whatever happened to Skittle Mouses BMpoop ?? This is another reason why I will never believe you will get a M3 and turbo it. cause that is waaayyyyy to far fetched , and the amount you told me you owe already i cant see you rocking one. not saying i will never see u rockign one , who knows, prove me wrong ! Just after all these talks you have with me bro , you always seemed confused or as if you need to prove something to all of us. Don't go in Debt with something cause you want to prove a point. If BMW is ur thing ,rock the 318I threw University then when you graduate and bills are going down and you settle into a good job with a degree "then" go out and treat yourself. you have 8 years not to owe a massive amount of $$$ and trust me , i wish i still did! anyways bub.. listen to the older folk. been there..spent that..owe that.. want back ! haha
honestly though... get a VW.... lol
Back to top Go down
jamie.3030

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am

haha sorry i was burnt last night
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:04 pm

hahah good advice guys and it will all be taken into consideration, im still buying skittlemousses dude, first week of October its mine, thats a gurentee! believe me when i say that lol
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:48 pm

E92 or bust

What to do? Hamann-E92-BMW-M3-Coupe
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:06 am

and whats this you were telling me when i was drunk off my ass at irving . .. .

skittle mouse is getting a Lambo for a daily driver and a Maserati for a grocery getter??
Back to top Go down
suckallotofdick

suckallotofdick

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:09 am

The Boy wrote:
and whats this you were telling me when i was drunk off my ass at irving . .. .

skittle mouse is getting a Lambo for a daily driver and a Maserati for a grocery getter??

"Im Sure"............... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to do?   What to do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: