Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do u think about tinting tail lights?

Go down 
+4
ubergeek
Sweetland
coady-admin
dubber_shane
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dubber_shane

dubber_shane

What do u think about tinting tail lights? Empty
PostSubject: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:46 am

I want to tint the tail lights on my mk4 jetta. will window tint work?? will the cops stop me?
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:42 pm

not sure about the window tint, but as for cops i dont think you should have an issue as long as your lights are visible through it. I have black headlight covers and i drive with them on at night and have never had an issue, and ive seen plenty of cops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Depends on the cop, and window tint wont work.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:39 pm

window tint?? That would look so Ghey....you're better off with that spray shit from C-tire that makes them look smoked...but then again, that would be ghey too. But imho, get Euro tails off Vortex

/silly gheyness
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:49 pm

We talked about this on Facebook. Window tint isn't made to be outside and it's not going to last. Get some spray tint from CT and if you fuck up, wetsand them down smooth, polish and try again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
DubAllStar

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:05 am

coady-admin wrote:
I have black headlight covers and i drive with them on at night

You my not-friend, are a danger to everyone on the road driving with those covers on. Smarten your lazy fucking ass up and take them off when the sun goes down!
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:52 am

IronHide wrote:
coady-admin wrote:
I have black headlight covers and i drive with them on at night

You my not-friend, are a danger to everyone on the road driving with those covers on. Smarten your lazy fucking ass up and take them off when the sun goes down!

They do stop some light but really they arnt that bad. I can still see and cars must be able to see me because they turn there high beams off when there coming towards me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
dubber_shane

dubber_shane

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
window tint?? That would look so Ghey....you're better off with that spray shit from C-tire that makes them look smoked...but then again, that would be ghey too. But imho, get Euro tails off Vortex

/silly gheyness

i dont really wanna pay $200 for euro tails if i can just tint or smoke the ones i have
Back to top Go down
ford

ford

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:20 am

dubber_shane wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

/silly gheyness

i dont really wanna pay $200 for euro tails if i can just tint or smoke the ones i have

in the left hand - Nice legal set of jetta tails that you wont have to take off when you do get stopped.

Or in the right hand - el cheapo , ghetto set of black OEM tails that you will spend money on painting + when you get a fine + you will need to by a new set when you do get a fine and need them removed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

( piiiiiissssttt get a set of ebay you stingy basturd!)
Back to top Go down
dubber_shane

dubber_shane

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:23 pm

foooord wrote:
dubber_shane wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

/silly gheyness

in the left hand - Nice legal set of jetta tails that you wont have to take off when you do get stopped.

Or in the right hand - el cheapo , ghetto set of black OEM tails that you will spend money on painting + when you get a fine + you will need to by a new set when you do get a fine and need them removed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol omg u dont read do u , it can be taken off by wet sanding and i probably wont get stopped if they are not too dark
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:21 pm

dubber_shane wrote:
foooord wrote:
dubber_shane wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

/silly gheyness

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol omg u dont read do u , it can be taken off by wet sanding and i probably wont get stopped if they are not too dark

Still doing this = half ass, and half ass gets you no where. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Step 1: Buy these taillight films from eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-JETTA-TAIL-LIGHT-SMOKED-TINT-COVER-99-00-01-02-03-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38661QQihZ008QQitemZ180246978449QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Step 2: Go to Apple Auto Glass on a Saturday and be reaaaalllly nice to Vaughn and he'll probably give you a hand and do a professional job.

It's about the best you'll be able to do without replacing the tails.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:08 pm

or ask Sped-Ed the next time at the meets. He drives that black deerty deezel with the grey stripes. I guess he's a pro at it. He's into doing shit like that
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Oh right, Ed is doing a set for Marcel!

Yeah, talk to him at one of the meets sometime, he's great at that stuff.
Back to top Go down
dubber_shane

dubber_shane

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy , I seen the tint film on ebay but i was told film would not last so ill talk to ed about sprayin em Very Happy
Back to top Go down
El Carto

El Carto

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 12:08 am

Well, Keane wheeler has his completely painted, not smokes...painted and hes been stopped numerous times with no fines he was told to use higher
voltage bulb> i mean its all greesey in the end but its your own opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do u think about tinting tail lights?   What do u think about tinting tail lights? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do u think about tinting tail lights?
Page 1 of 1