Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the new SQ setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:40 am

well ive started already on a brand new sq setup going to go all ////Apline: typeR 6.5 components all around PDX.5(5 channel digital amps) pxe h650(digital imprint processor) alpine headunit with ipod direct connection and usb hidden in the dash. the only thing that is not going to be alpine is the cap and the 2 10" kenwood shallow subs cause i want the space and they sound better in tight boxes(lol) may actually make a fiberglass enclosure. so now ill sound good and look good as well
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Just started rounding up stuff for my new sq system in the nissan. let me know what you pay for your pdx 5 channel as that was what i wsa thinking bout using cuz this system is goin to be hiden and i wanted sumthing small
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:06 pm

cant really tell you the price that ill be paying but retail is around 800
Back to top Go down
alexward

alexward

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:04 pm

still tho it aint too bad and i bet ur paying bout 650 dont forget i get the same deal you do...or pretty close neway.

have you heard anything about polk audio ive been looking around and reading and it seems that there more expeensive stuff is pretty good for sq what do you think?

im trying to decide between type x refernce or polk momos.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:16 pm

if youre going for the ultimate sq gear get focal high end or mb quart all i see in polk audio is pay alot for the name not in the gear. another hogh end sq brand is canton but its fucking hard to find there stuff they are made in germany and they were the brand VW's used back in the 80's i had a set there usually around 800 dollars just for the speakers and they came in a weird size like 6 1/8" but to find a full canton pullman component set in mint is like over 1500 bucks my uncle gave me a set and i had them in the old nova but water got to them and the eventully busted. but the sound quality is like no other.

but ya getting it for around 600 actually

found a set of them on ebay.de
the new SQ setup 3925_1
they want 33,50 EUR (5000 CAN)

Last edited by PhotoShark on Fri May 09, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:24 pm

MbQuart is bomb. Their speakers sound amazing.
Back to top Go down
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:38 pm

heres a list of the major sq setup companies and i mean high end shit(not in order of the best)
Alpine(typer R or X)
Kenwood excelon
Hifonics(series 7 & 8 )
Phoenix gold
Orion
Mb quart
audio control
Focal
morel
McIntosh
Rainbow
Boston acoustics
JL
Diamond audio
Old school Rockford fosgate( cause the new stuf is made cheaply)
old school Pioneer( cause the new stuf is made cheaply)
Eclipse
Nakamichi
Old school soundstream(reference series)
PPI(precision power)
A D S
Audison(now owned by alpine)
Sinfoni(tube amps)
TRU(now known as kicker)
Xtant(now known as MTX)
I think you get the point in that big but small list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the new SQ setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new SQ setup   the new SQ setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down