Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think rice is?

Go down 
+2
98talon
coady-admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

What do you think rice is? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Okay so someone on the site said the following

Rice applys to bodykits, chrome tails, huge wings, big mufflers (fart cans), huge heavy chrome rims, underglow, color matched dashes, interior neon, need I say more?

I disagree, Bodykits are not rice i actually like them, not all but some kits turn out very nice (codys talon for one)
Fart cans yes they are rice, or maybe someone just wanted a louder car
Crome rims?? No chrome rims are nice, personally i prefer black but nothing is rice about chrome rims I can show you tons a nice rims if you want.
Underglow, I like underglow ON SOME CARS. it can look good, if you do it wrong and use to much it can be bad
color match dashes, Do it right sand, primar, paint. looks excallent, stev-o did his and it looks really good. no rice there
Interior neon, I like how it looks on a sub box, or under the dash. just not ot much of it.

I watch car shows on tv and almost all the cars on there have these things some like to call "rice" but those cars look amazing, if you take your time none of the above are rice( minus fart can) so what about everyone eles? rice or no rice
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
98talon

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:53 pm

i agree ehhe my sunfire is rice lol big fat can and decals lol
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:17 pm

i agree with everything Coady said...
All the "rice things" listed can definitely be made to look nice (like codys car).
If its done sloppy, it doesnt make it rice, it just makes it shitty.

I do say though, Rice is all looks no go. (no remote trace of performance mods.)
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:36 pm

No comment as to my opinion was already stated by someone else... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:33 am

I already stated my opinion, but I'll go into more detail. Very Happy

Underglow: There's no excuse for it. Ever.

Spoilers: Some cars can pull off a subtle rear spoiler. Hatchbacks are not those cars.

Big Chrome Wheels: Older cars can pull a classy chrome wheel off easily. Imports rarely can, and when they try the wheels are usually cheap and ugly.

Vinyl Graphics: In the early 1900's there was a university study that discovered that as intelligence increased, the desire for ornament decreased. You can make your own conclusions on that one but it's well documented.

Cheap eBay Taillights: Because you couldn't afford nice taillights.

Cheap Exhausts: The cheaper an exhaust is the more obnoxious and annoying it is. More expensive exhausts are usually just as loud, but sound classier and won't annoy the hell out of people.

Bodykits: Bodykits that compliment the looks of the car can look decent. However, 95% of bodykits out there look the same and are just made to fit different cars without making any attempt to compliment the OEM styling of each car.

I think the main downfall of most cars is that their owners try to do it all at once, and cut corners and buy cheap parts in the process.

Anyway, in the end you are building the car for yourself, so it doesn't matter what other people think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:08 am

SuPRCHRGD wrote:

Spoilers: Some cars can pull off a subtle rear spoiler. Hatchbacks are not those cars.

here something i seen on lomo to go along with spoilers

Stupid ricer, useless wings are for penguins
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:15 am

SuPRCHRGD wrote:
I already stated my opinion, but I'll go into more detail. Very Happy

Big Chrome Wheels: Older cars can pull a classy chrome wheel off easily. Imports rarely can, and when they try the wheels are usually cheap and ugly.

Vinyl Graphics: In the early 1900's there was a university study that discovered that as intelligence increased, the desire for ornament decreased. You can make your own conclusions on that one but it's well documented.

Cheap eBay Taillights: Because you couldn't afford nice taillights.

Cheap Exhausts: The cheaper an exhaust is the more obnoxious and annoying it is. More expensive exhausts are usually just as loud, but sound classier and won't annoy the hell out of people.

Bodykits: Bodykits that compliment the looks of the car can look decent. However, 95% of bodykits out there look the same and are just made to fit different cars without making any attempt to compliment the OEM styling of each car.

I think the main downfall of most cars is that their owners try to do it all at once, and cut corners and buy cheap parts in the process.

Anyway, in the end you are building the car for yourself, so it doesn't matter what other people think.

Well put.
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:28 am

SuPRCHRGD wrote:

I agree with all your points except for the two ive kept in the quote.

Big Chrome Wheels: A lot of cars can pull of big chrome wheels. Its not too often you see chrome wheels that don't belong....especially around here...

Vinyl Graphics: Subtle graphics are OK. (Skyline from 2 Fast 2 Furious) Eccentric graphis are not ok (with a few exceptions) such as huge Japanese ninjas on the side of a car.

my 0.02
Back to top Go down
98talon

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:36 pm

renne does your car have chrome rims only really seen it at night
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:38 pm

His Keskins have polished lips. There's a world of difference between polished and chrome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
98talon

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm

makes sense like i said only really seen it at night and well darkness hard to tell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think rice is?   What do you think rice is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think rice is?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: