Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

car show

Go down 
+8
sidock
iCivic
coady-admin
TheDirtyFresh
Sweetland
Driftnami
SMG
98talon
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
98talon

car show Empty
PostSubject: car show   car show Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:26 am

hey you guys planing a show in yarmouth this year
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:16 am

You mean like the fall show they had last year at CT?

I'll leave it up to the Driftnami guy(s) to answer but when they start planning it for next year I have a few suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.efukt.com
Driftnami

Driftnami

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:27 am

yeah the show last year was basically calebs show we were there for support and it was planned and put on in like 2 weeks so I'd say it went over well the amount of planning that went into it

As for this year all depends I guess I will be moving in bwater in about 2 months so I wont be around but depending on demand/response we might be able to do something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.driftnamiperformance.com
Sweetland

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah that show last year was really pretty good, I was impressed with the amount of people that showed up. It would be great if we did something like that again in Yarmouth.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:01 pm

If it's done next year the entry fee should be a donation to a charity and not a flat fee to show your car.

The organizers should start planning early. Businesses love giving donations because they're a tax write-off and they look good on paper. They're even more interested in donating when they know where the proceeds of the show end up. Something like Big Brothers Big Sisters would be a nice place for the money to go to.

The SeaFest show has to be one of the best organized shows in this end of the province. A huge turn-out, no entry fees of any kind and there are loads of prizes and awards.

Not that the fall tuner show was bad, but I'm not paying $15 for a little monkey sticker this year. lol!
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Actually Jordan, as far as I know proceeds from last years show did go to big brother big sister Smile the monkey sticker was bonus
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:53 pm

Driftnami wrote:
yeah the show last year was basically calebs show we were there for support and it was planned and put on in like 2 weeks so I'd say it went over well the amount of planning that went into it

caleb who?. reason i ask is because theres a guy who comes into super store and anyways right after the show he was talking to me about it askin why i want there and stuff, he obviously knew who i was but i couldnt figure out who he was. He always talks to me but i dont no who it is and i dont wanna be rude and be like " so yeah who are you" lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlanticmotors.cjb.net
SMG
Admin
SMG

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Megatron wrote:
Actually Jordan, as far as I know proceeds from last years show did go to big brother big sister Smile the monkey sticker was bonus

...Oh.. Well then... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sweetland

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:16 am

coady-admin wrote:
Driftnami wrote:

caleb who?. reason i ask is because theres a guy who comes into super store and anyways right after the show he was talking to me about it askin why i want there and stuff, he obviously knew who i was but i couldnt figure out who he was. He always talks to me but i dont no who it is and i dont wanna be rude and be like " so yeah who are you" lol

I dunno his last name but he drives that Bronze color Rally Edition Hyundai Accent.

Last edited by Sweetland on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:17 am

Caleb Pothier
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:41 am

-hotdog wrote:
Caleb Pothier

isnt his orange?
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 12:10 pm

coady-admin wrote:
-hotdog wrote:
Caleb Pothier

isn't his orange?
Touche....
But id call it more of a copper color...
And as far as i know, Theres only 2 rally Editions in Yarmouth (if Caleb's is a rally), one is silver driven by some dirty bitch, and the other ones is Caleb's.
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:17 pm

-hotdog wrote:
coady-admin wrote:
-hotdog wrote:
Caleb Pothier

isn't his orange?
Touche....
And as far as i know, Theres only 2 rally Editions in Yarmouth (if Caleb's is a rally), one is silver driven by some dirty bitch, and the other ones is Caleb's.

u my good sir are an idiot Razz there are A LOT of rally editions in yarmouth, god a lady 2 houses down from us drives one lol.

the car show was called "the 1st ANNUAL Y-Town Tuner Show" (not 100% if the end of that is right) but i dont know that ANNUAL means it happens every year, so i would assume that it would be happening again this year, last years show was pretty bad ass i must say, had a good time quite a few nice cars, definatly hope it happens again
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok, here's a few suggestions on how to make this show better this fall:

- Window cards.
- Voting sheets to let everyone vote for the best cars and have quite a few categories. 'Best Chevy', etc.
- Lower the entrance fee to like $5 and try to get donations. Need window cards? Ask a print shop for a donation. Easy.
- Award plaques. These could be made up for $3 each or so, just doing a nice colour printed certificate in a frameless frame from the dollar store, so having quite few categories would be no big deal.
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:11 pm

-hotdog wrote:
coady-admin wrote:
-hotdog wrote:
Caleb Pothier

isn't his orange?
Touche....

Caleb's is definitely not a rallye edition.... whatever the fuck a ralley edition accent is 🐷
Back to top Go down
Driftnami

Driftnami

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:06 pm

SuPRCHRGD wrote:
Ok, here's a few suggestions on how to make this show better this fall:

- Window cards.
- Voting sheets to let everyone vote for the best cars and have quite a few categories. 'Best Chevy', etc.
- Lower the entrance fee to like $5 and try to get donations. Need window cards? Ask a print shop for a donation. Easy.
- Award plaques. These could be made up for $3 each or so, just doing a nice colour printed certificate in a frameless frame from the dollar store, so having quite few categories would be no big deal.

-To be honest there wasnt enough cars there last year to do categories like you are suggesting

-The entrance fee of I believe $10 last year is not a large price to pay christ I remember doing car shows years ago and paying $20 to get in I never made a fuss about that. The $10 basically just covered the trophies and made a very small amount for the charity to suggest a lower entrance fee is taking away from the quality or amount of trophies and money to the charity which is picked.

-No one is going to want to win a piece of paper if anything offering that will keep people that would normally consider traveling to the show away from coming. Lets face it paper certificates and sometimes nice and they are a cheaper alternative to a plaque but they will not cause people to have a reason to show up you need an actual trophy for that from my experience. You also have to look at it this way when people win at a show the trophy usually travels with them and is presented by there car at the next show or shows they attend I very much doubt anyone is going to carry a piece of paper around to display they won at the yarmouth car show. Also when people see it it wont make someone want to travel all the way to yarmouth to see the show or to participate in it.

I dont think print shops are going to donate window cards I believe one of the problems Vo always had when he was putting the shows on was the shear lack of support from local businesses for donations to the show for prizes. Window cards could easily be made though and we could do that if everyone wants it done.
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:59 am

Yeah true, the trophies are important but I'm surprised more local businesses aren't more interested in supporting a show put on for charity. Any donations are tax-deductible.

I'm just looking at past shows I've been to, like the nice one the firefighters put on every summer in Barrington but I guess they have strong support from the community.

Honestly the $10 registration fee at the fall tuner show was dirt cheap, but it wasn't made obvious where the money was going, which made some of us wonder. Window cards with the recipient's logo / name on it would have helped make everything clear.

All in all it was a great show though! Congrats to all who were involved, you guys did a great job.
Back to top Go down
coady-admin
Admin
coady-admin

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:19 am

was the last show advertised? i didnt no about it untill the day of.
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:11 pm

yeah i only heard about it through mark and josh, and they probly got it from someone on CO
Back to top Go down
DubAllStar

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:57 pm

caleb posted it on Co and LowMo and that's about it.... it was put together on short notice.... about a week i think.
Back to top Go down
ubergeek

ubergeek

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:52 pm

i didn't know about it until the boys came and got my car to put it in the show
Back to top Go down
Driftnami

Driftnami

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 pm

The show was only planed in 2 weeks so it I think it was a good stab for 2 weeks of planning
Back to top Go down
sidock

sidock

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:24 pm

you're right it was, with a bit more planning, bit better advertising i think that it could be a lot better turn out this year. i know im going to be going, dunno if im going to enter my car r not but i'll go or sure just to have a good time., that's if there is one i suppose
Back to top Go down
TheDirtyFresh

TheDirtyFresh

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:46 am

Optimus Prime wrote:
i didn't know about it until the boys came and got my car to put it in the show

FUCK I could use some eggrolls hahaaha
Back to top Go down
SMG
Admin
SMG

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:32 pm

Megatron wrote:
FUCK I could use some eggrolls hahaaha

x2! Can someone mail a few dozen eggrolls to the city? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

car show Empty
PostSubject: Re: car show   car show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

car show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next