Atlantic Motors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

domestic VS import

Go down 
+14
POTTER
98talon
ford
alexward
Pennell
iCivic
SMG
jamie.3030
blu.thunda
hocus_focus
Sweetland
sidock
z-26
coady-admin
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

domestic or import
domestic
domestic VS import - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%domestic VS import - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
import
domestic VS import - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%domestic VS import - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
hocus_focus

hocus_focus

domestic VS import - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:51 am

For a number of years, GM was partnered with Toyota -- and models like the Toyota Corolla and Geo/Chevy Prizm were essentially the same car. Just as the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe are today.

Were those cars imports -- or domestics? Let’s take a look at some others:

• Ford is partnered with Mazda; both the Ranger pickup and Escape SUV have sheet metal cousins in the Mazda B-Series pickup and Tribute SUV.

• Ford uses technology acquired/licensed from Toyota in its hybrid vehicles, making its hybrid Escape SUV a true hybrid -- of parts, that is. And then you have the Volvo S80 and Ford Five Hundred, which share their DNA (and many parts).

• Even the popular Chrysler 300 isn’t what you might think. It shares its underlying platform (but not its engines) with the Mercedes E-Class sedan … bet you didn’t know that one.

At this point I’m sure you get the picture … a car isn’t always what it says it is.

Whether vehicles from the Big Three are assembled partially or completely in Mexico, Michigan or someplace in between doesn't make them any less "American." But the flip side of that coin is that import-brand cars assembled entirely (or nearly so) in the United States, by American workers, are arguably just as "domestic."

So that begs the question, if an American car is made outside the country and an import car is made here, should you consider both of them American?
Back to top Go down
Toy4Evan

PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm

i've owned 15 different cars and the best cars were imports. U get the reliability, higher build quality and they're 9/10 times better on fuel. but i guess it just really depends on ur preference. I personally owned 4 hyundais and i would buy another one if the oppetunity came up
Back to top Go down
jacobb18civic

PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:32 pm

i have to go with them asian cars half the cilinders and if u build them right they can keep up with v8's and how many fords do u see with 300xxx on them
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Imports for the Motha FTW!

i got respect for the muscle days.. but were have they gone... u show me a car coming off GM's lot with the Hp sauce and tourqe like back in the day and then i may.... change my mind...

doubt it though
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:49 pm

onepointeight wrote:

i got respect for the muscle days.. but were have they gone... u show me a car coming off GM's lot with the Hp sauce and tourqe like back in the day and then i may.... change my mind...

doubt it though

Most of the New Muscles are close.
they might not be as fast, one of the reasons being the size of the bodies and the stuff for the emissions dropped power. Consumers want for more gas mileage etc.
Most of them do come with the option of the bigger engine with More HP and Torque though..
Back to top Go down
Boost_Junkie
Boost_Junkie

PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:09 pm

-hotdog wrote:
onepointeight wrote:

doubt it though

they might not be as fast, one of the reasons being the size of the bodies and the stuff for the emissions dropped power. Consumers want for more gas mileage etc.
Most of them do come with the option of the bigger engine with More HP and Torque though..

oh for sure . . just wouldnt mind driving past m-mart with a nice 350 chevy just chillin. . . .
Back to top Go down
iCivic
iCivic

PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm

onepointeight wrote:
-hotdog wrote:
onepointeight wrote:

doubt it though

oh for sure . . just wouldnt mind driving past m-mart with a nice 350 chevy just chillin. . . .

You know it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: domestic VS import   domestic VS import - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

domestic VS import
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Atlantic Motors :: General Chat-
Jump to: